PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO: JJAJAL @ OJINDUSTRIAL.CA (remove spaces between the "@")
The roles and responsibilities for the position are as under:
- Develop and set up project cost control tracking system
- Maintain collaborative environment with project and construction management team
- Ensure that OJ’s cost control processes are applied in the execution of project activities.
- Provide capital cost control, variance analysis and reporting requirements for the project.
- Prepare reports and presentations for and provide support to project management team members and stakeholders regarding the cost status of the project.
- The roles and responsibilities also include:
- Review daily timesheet with project scheduler / project manager and make sure it is coded to correct WBS / task code
- Collect and compile contractual progress meeting updates from internal and external stakeholders as per reporting requirements / calendar
- Review and validate sub-contractor's reporting data
- Prepare Control Tower reporting as per reporting requirements
- Work with Project Manager, Construction Management, Planner / Scheduler and sub-contractors to update construction project progress
- Monthly incurred cost report
- Review sub-contractor timesheets and coordinate approval from PM
- Coordinate and review sub-contractors for progress update
- Work with planner /scheduler and field cost analyst for progress and performance update
- Prepare Variance explanation in consultation with Project Manager and Construction Management
- Support Planner / Scheduler when require
- Follow change management standard and prepare and submit change proposals
- Attend project meetings when require
- Conduct periodic field visits for verification of progress
- Assure that sub-contractor invoices are aligned with LEMS submitted on a daily basis for the work
- Set up project specific project performance management tools
- Get in touch with Piping and Civil superintendents in the morning to find out the job that their crews will be working on.
- Find out the foreman’s leading the different jobs both in Piping and Civil disciplines,
- Make a site visit in the morning to all the jobs to prepare daily report for the clients
- Follow all the reporting timelines for daily report with various business units. The report must contain:
- TPC jobs site visit in the morning and in the afternoon and capture the following from the foreman. Similar details will be compiled for BUP and other project daily reports.
- Exact crew size with the breakdown on (Foreman, Superintendent, Operator, Ground Worker and Welder).
- Details on the work completed and is expected to be completed by the end of the day.
- Take lots of Progress Pictures with making sure no worker is in the pictures.
- Safety tool box topic at the beginning of the day.
- Any delays they experienced on that particular day.
- Any extra work they performed which is out of the original scope of work. (TPC, BUP and other business units)
- If yes then log it and put that days report aside for possible CCN (Construction Change Notice) or CP (Change Proposal). * Helping out the PM with making CCN estimates from him to review and send it over to Suncor for approval.
- Update Daily Incurred Cost report/s for the projects under construction
- Update CCN/CP details in daily incurred cost report
- Update change logs
- Compile information for Extra Work log
- Update direct, indirect and sub-contractor hours on a weekly basis for man-hour reporting to safety.
- Any other duties assigned by Project Controls Manager**
In addition to the above, the following is mandatory for the position:
- Valid driver license is required.
- Mine driving is require and Suncor’s mine specific training is required.
- Shared company provided vehicle is maintained in good condition all the time.
- Daily vehicle inspection is required.
- If not acquainted with the vehicle, an overview of the vehicle will be provided by OJ maintenance /safety team.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Scheduling: 3 years (Preferred)
- Project Controls: 3 years (Required)
- Fort McMurray (Preferred)