Mistras Canada Inc. is currently seeking an Operations Manager for our clients' site in Northern Alberta.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, oversight, and management of all Mistras activities on-site. The Operations Manager will develop and implement management, planning, and cost control systems. The position is also ultimately responsible for executing the work in accordance with the quality standards and requirements specified for the project. The Operations Manager will provide the client with full customer satisfaction while maintaining compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing leadership, oversight, and management of all Mistras activities on the Project.
- Provide direction and goals for the management team.
- Strong execution of all company and client policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Provide leadership through the example of Company’s HSE Program.
- Lead quarterly PRT presentations.
- Represent Mistras Services on provision scope of services.
- Provide daily reports to the client on staffing, worksite locations, and specific project status.
- Develop and implement site-specific policies in partnership with Human Resources and Operations as needed.
- Assure proper KPI’s are utilized and are being met for the success of the organization.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of customer contract and implement requirements.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of QCC Union contract to assure compliance.
- Liaison between Company, Client, and the entire staff.
- Maintain a Safety conscience work environment.
- Encourage utilization of Mistras and client Employee Concerns Program.
- Incident management and investigation lead.
- Maintain adequate staffing and resources to ensure project completions.
- Demonstration of strong leadership by being accessible to all employees.
- 100% customer satisfaction with the overall project.
- Maintain KPI’s and make necessary adjustments to the program as needed.
- Maintain exceptional HSE record.
- Be fully prepared for PRM meeting.
Effectively manage the following direct reports:
- Rope Access, Mechanical, and NDE Field Staff
- HSE Coordinators
- Site Administrative Personnel
- MIMIR data review for completion.
- Zero OSHA recordable incidents.
- Group HSE performance.
- Client feedback.
- Positive employee morale
- Must produce relevant certifications during the interview process.
- 5+ years in a management role for large projects (leading 50 or more employees).
- Possess strong team building capabilities and leadership qualities.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Employee Concerns Programs are highly desirable.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office suite.
- Exceptional communications capabilities both written and oral.
- Organizational and analytical skills are a must-have.
- Possess strong skills using Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel.
- Must be a self-starter, with strong work ethics.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a cohesive team, as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility regarding scheduling (open to working nights or days).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to routinely work overtime.
- Must adhere to all Mistras Health and Safety requirements.
- Must be adaptable in regards to changes in work environment, travel, and weather.
- Knowledge of the NDE, Mechanical, and Rope Access industries preferred.
- Fly-In / Fly-Out will be provided from the Hubs of Calgary or Edmonton
- If Local to Fort McMurray, AB bus to camp for the start of shift and bus from camp at end of shift will be provided.
- Camp, Flights, Buses, to be provided by the owner user.
- This position is bonus eligible.
- RSP/DPSP Matching will be provided to successful candidates.
- Group Dental & Health benefits will be provided.
If you are interested in applying for this position please apply via this Indeed ad with a copy of your resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
- operations management: 5 years (Preferred)