Position Summary Working under the supervision of the Food Services Manager or designate and working cooperatively with other employees, performs a variety of tasks such as portioning and serving meals, delivering and collecting dishes, completing food preparation tasks such as washing and assembling items. Replenishes food, beverage, and paper supplies. Cleans dining room equipment, tables, chairs, and counters. Carries out dishroom duties according to established timelines. Follows established procedures. Safely performs duties according to policies and procedures
Responsibilities Includes but not limited to;
1. Provides meal service by; portioning and serving food and beverages following established procedures of portion control and food safety
2. Makes beverages such as tea, coffee and juice, assembles items such as sandwiches and salads.
3. Counts and assembles ingredients for assigned food preparation area.
4. Washes, peels and stores vegetables and fruit.
5. Serves meals to residents, tenants, or visits, in dining rooms or as required.
6. Loads, unloads and transports Hot Carts, steamtables, and trolleys.
7. Maintains work area in a sanitary and tidy condition by cleaning of counter tops, equipment, tables, trolleys and splash areas, stripping trays, operating dish machine, removing garbage and recycling as required and damp mopping and sweeping floors.
8. Stacks clan dishes and utensils. Sets, clears, and clans and sanitizes tables, counters and surfaces.
9. Maintains standards of sanitization and safety by following established policies and procedures. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the supervisor.
10. Packages, labels, dates and transfers food to the refrigerator or freezer according to established procedures. Replenishes food beverages and paper supplies by transferring item from storage areas to work areas.
11. Counts and replenished food and supplies as required.
12. Reports meal services problems to supervisor.
13. Recording food and equipment temperatures on forms provided.
14. Participates in departmental and unit meetings and provides input as required.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications 1. Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience including Food Safe 1 certificate.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
2. Ability to deal effectively with others
3. Ability to organize work.
4. Ability to operate related equipment