DZ Front-End Drivers operate front-end trucks to services commercial routes removing and transporting waste or recyclables in fulfillment of customer contracts. This position will service multiple commercial customers per day according to the assigned routes. The waste will then need to be transferred to the appropriate station, landfill or drop-off location.
- Satisfy customer needs for service. Ensure that service is completed in accordance with established policies.
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Complete an assigned daily route as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Daily route consists of driving to customer sites, setting lifting and emptying bins into front-end vehicle, and returning the bin to the original location. The driver would then transfer the waste to the appropriate station, landfill or drop-off location.
- Perform driver check-ins at day’s end to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion.
- Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner.
- Ensure that all protocols are followed while dumping loads at municipal recycling/waste facilities.
- May be required to climb up ladder on truck to inspect loads.
- May perform some additional responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Completion of high school. Post-secondary courses or diploma would be considered an asset.
- 1-2 years driving experience in the waste industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of industry an asset.
- 5 years of driving experience in a DZ Front-End vehicle.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to the principles of equity, accessibility and providing reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to navigate our site or apply for a position, please send us an email at careers@gflenv .com with the nature of your request along with your contact information. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Commercial Driving : 2 years (Required)
- North York, ON (Preferred)