At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Manager, IT End User Services
IT, End User Services
The IT, End User Services team is looking for a Senior Systems Analyst to join their ranks! In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing and managing the 24/7 operational support and project delivery for personal productivity systems in Equitable’s production, pre-production and disaster recovery environments.
This role requires a balance of strong technical capabilities along with a high business acumen and understanding where you will need to identify, design and solve business opportunities with personal productivity solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Kitchener-Waterloo’s Top Employers for 2019!
What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Develop a continuous, comprehensive understanding of personal productivity systems and technology
- Provide second or ‘n-level’ technical support capabilities for incidents and requests affecting personal productivity technologies
- Understand business challenges and opportunities where the application of personal productivity technologies may provide benefit and remove obstacles
- Manage the entire lifecycle of personal productivity technologies from introduction-to-retirement
- Take end-to-end accountability and responsibility for the personal productivity system project delivery and operational excellence outcomes
- Facilitate and foster growth in effectiveness and utilization of personal productivity technologies through several means, inclusive of training, user groups, communities of practice, etc.
- Develop and conduct personal productivity technology education and training programs crossing a broad range of medium
- Provide continuous improvement and innovation of personal productivity systems and services to enable business effectiveness and support overall company growth and success.
- Provide guidance and leadership in the usage of personal productivity technologies to ensure they are being used in a way that meets all Information Security, Business Continuity, and Compliance requirements
- Recommend, develop and set business systems infrastructure operations and management controls, processes, policies, and standards for the Company based on industry standards, best principles and commonly applied good practices
- Ensure personal productivity technologies are implemented and managed to meet necessary capacity, demand and availability requirements
- Establish, monitor and meet key performance indicators in support of IT infrastructure, business systems, and Company operational metrics
- Accountable to IT governance activities and processes inclusive of Change Advisory Board and Technology Governance Committee
- Jointly responsible for asset, vendor, and financial management activities related to personal productivity systems infrastructure
- Actively participate in IT infrastructure, architecture and services community
- A minimum of 5 years working in IT
- At least 2 years in a senior infrastructure, IT desktop, end user service, or (business) systems analyst role
- Microsoft Office or similar technical certifications are required
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification a strong asset
- Strong knowledge and experience designing, administering and maintaining Microsoft Sharepoint (online or on-premises) infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office productivity suite including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and OneNote
- Solid knowledge of cloud-based productivity platforms including Microsoft Office365
- Working/solid knowledge and experience with Microsoft Visio, Project, Access, and Publisher
- Proven knowledge in information security practices and principles on the securing of sensitive, company information, personal productivity systems and data
- Strong knowledge and experience managing data center services and operations.
- Solid familiarity with agile, lean, and DevOps principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with focus and attention to detail
- Innovator and critical thinker, with a focus on evaluating technology solutions to fit business process opportunities
- Superior communications (written, verbal, presentation) and negotiation skills and experience with conveying complex, technical information to non-technical audiences
- Solid experience building end-user training programs and knowledge for delivery in multiple mediums
- Manage extremely critical and sensitive information with the strictest confidentiality and privacy
- An outstanding team player, focused on customer service excellence, technical execution, diligence to the process, and doing the right thing
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.