Tractive Express/Canadian Freightways
Canadian Freightways has been an industry leader since 1935, specializing in Less Than Truckload (LTL) Freight. Canadian Freightways has 10 terminals located across Western Canada, and through its strategic partnerships provides transportation services across North America.
Tractive Express offers a competitive total compensation package including benefits, fuel surcharge program, work/life balance, parts purchasing programs and much more!
We encourage you to call 403-287-4338 to find out more about whether Tractive is the right fit for you!
- Ability to pass all of the Transport Canada driver qualification standards
- Pick up and deliver a variety of freight locally
- Perform daily inspections and safety checks of trucks and trailers
- Monitor truck & trailer condition and communicate with dispatch when repairs are required
- Follow safe operating procedures at all times
- Applicants must own a vehicle prior to applying, city vehicles only (no bunks)
- Valid Class 5 license with Air Brake Endorsement
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- Minimum 2 years of related experience (verifiable) in the operation of tractor/trailer equipment
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Team-oriented and able to work under pressure
- Pre-employment drug / criminal background check required
- Flat deck experience and/or tractor set up for flat deck considered an asset
- LTL experience considered an asset
- A well maintained tractor and safety record
- Candidates will be required to pass a background and drug test for illegal substances - paid for by employer
Interested Candidates are encouraged to submit their resume online or call the number above for more information.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $34.88 /hour
- Local P&D: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 Driver's License with Air Brakes (Preferred)