Noranco is a world class, integrated manufacturer and solutions provider to the international commercial and military aerospace sectors. We provide added value to our customers through a wide range of sophisticated capabilities including high precision machining and sheet metal fabrication, processing, assembly, testing and supply chain management
Setup and operate vertical, horizontal 3-6 axis CNC machining centers and CNC lathes.
Monday – Thursday 7pm – 7 am
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setup of machines through use of proper tools, and the most efficient technique.
- Align vises, fixtures with indicator to be parallel or square to a reference surface.
- Indicate position of the fixture and parts. Set axis to correct position by
using the right numeric code. Load and unload the program.
- Participate in the update and maintenance of set up sheets for all parts through the work center.
- Operate machine with proper guarding in place, report any damaged guarding, tool holders, tools etc. Ensure guards are replaced after set up. Monitor oil levels of machine; keep machine and tools in condition.
- Check the first part and make sure that all the dimensions are within tolerance.
- Change and modify programs where applicable.
- Change tool length and diameter offsets, fixture and pallet offsets.
- Modify and grind cutting tools as required, and use proper feed and speed for maximum efficiency.
- Keep production running; debur and prep parts for loading, or clean parts to reload.
- Check parts, debur, tapping, counter boring and cleaning up tools holders from the previous setup.
- Prepare tools and fixtures for the next job, get new tools, use regrind tools as required.
- Make sure to plan ahead when special tools may be required.
- Follow Health and Safety Policies and practice safe work habits, industrial hygiene and good housekeeping around benches and machines.
- Identify opportunities for improvement via new tooling, set up reduction concepts and programming changes to improve cost and delivery
- Participate in root cause and corrective action identification for inferior quality parts.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Basic computer skills are an asset, Fanuc or Mazak control knowledge is a must
- Ability to use all the available measuring tools such as micrometer, dial gauges, deep micrometer, vernier, measuring block, and height gauges
- Ability to create layouts, read and interpret blue prints and drawings
- Full understanding of geometric tolerances
- Ability to identify wear of cutting tools (inserts, drills, end mills, boring bars,
- Ability to change and set cutting tools
- Work is performed in a machine shop environment;
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and arms;
- Use of equipment including 3-6 axis machines, hand tools, overhead cranes, etc
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment such as hard hat, safety shoes, safety
goggles, ear plugs, fitted dust mask, etc. as required
- Frequent lifting of heavy material up to 50 pounds is required.
- Must be able to run multiple machines at one time
- Must work under deadlines and related stresses in a timely manner
- Must be able to handle various personnel and other situations as they arise in a
professional manner (handle conflict and directions)
Level of Education:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience running CNC machines
- Aerospace experience preferred
- A Certificate of Qualification as a General Machinist or equivalent and
additional upgrading courses involving CNC technology required
Noranco offers a very safe, modern and forward thinking environment and a highly competitive compensation package including:
- Full-time, permanent employment
- An excellent Benefits package (Health Care, Dental, Life insurance, Health Care Spending Account, Travel insurance, Long-term Disability insurance, and more)
- Company match Retirement Savings Program
- Employee Perks such as discounts on gym memberships, CAA memberships, car insurance, Costco memberships, hotels, theme parks, movie passes & more
- Compensation is competitive and based on skill and ability
We would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.