- Prepares meals in accordance with the portion and quality standards in recipes or as directed by the Head chef.
- Ensure stocks and maintains sufficient levels of prep on the line.
- Do prep as required during routine shift and also on a daily basis.
- Advise on low inventory items, reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to Head chef.
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen and storage areas that meet or exceed the provincial and local Health Board inspection
- Completes Audits (eg: Food temperatures, Storage Temperatures)
- Ensure strict adherence to customer service, quality standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure operation is compliance with all policies, procedures and rules and regulations.
- Assist the Team, as requested with all aspects of restaurant operations.
- Side duties as required e.g. sweep and mop, dusting, Dishwashing, Cleaning and Sanitization, Inventory as requested
- Other duties as required.
This is a Part time to potential full-time position, based on candidates work performance. Candidates MUST be able to work on all holidays and weekends. (typical start time approx: 6am)
REQUIRED SKILL SET:
- Require at least one year kitchen experience in a breakfast service restaurant.
- Previous Line cook experience in a high volume, full-service restaurant.
- Ability to work efficiently, multitask and stay organized and remain calm.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Proactive and reliable to fellow team members.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be able to work during weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Candidates Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 /hour
- cooking: 1 year (Required)
- line cook: 1 year (Required)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)
- Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes