Senior Systems Administrator
CAN - ON – Toronto & Mississauga
Sryas. Purpose, Cause, Passion™
Sryas is a technology consulting company specializing in advanced business intelligence, data integration, application development, application support, and Business Process Outsourcing services, headquartered in Florida, US. The ideas and passion of our team members and the ambitions of our customers drive our corporate philosophy and purpose.
As an end-to-end IT solutions provider, we set up smart teams who love challenges and think outside the box, to help our clients succeed. We continue to push the limits of our software solutions to ensure dynamic data integration, insight and decision optimization techniques for our customers.
We look for fun, intelligent, team players who believe in our values: customer focus, transparency, diligence, optimism, and agility to join our CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE!
Reporting to the Global IT Manager, the incumbent of this position is a technical specialist who has good experience in system administration and implementation experience in Windows, VMWare and Linux.
The incumbent will support the Global IT Manager in monitoring, upgrading, and resolutions of any cases for IBM X series servers. He/she should be able to support the maintenance of infrastructure and any Change Management process/audit activities.
He/She should be flexible to commute to Offices located in Downtown Toronto and Mississauga.
- Building Windows servers in Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016 environment
- Performing new hardware and OS Installations and upgrades
- Performing application installations, configurations, and administration
- Updating and creating documentation of the environment
- Implementing, monitoring and alerting of systems
- Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and resolution of Windows/Linux Server
- Troubleshooting Windows/Linux server’s performance and issues
- Analyzing, planning and migrating live physical servers into a virtual environment
- Implementing VMware ESX hosts as per defined company standard configuration
- Creating and documenting the process for deploying virtual machines on VMware
- Creating and automating configuration scripts for OS builds and system deployments
- Analyzing and troubleshooting any performance issue on both physical and VM environments
- Supporting and maintaining server infrastructure to support business requirements
- Performing firmware and drivers’ updates on IBM/HP/CISCO servers
- Enforcing data security, premises integrity and access procedures as per corporate security policy and customer security policy.
- Participate in on-going research, planning, design, and implementation of new technologies
- Participate in gathering requirements, designing, implementing, and supporting Server & Client technologies that will enable the organization to work effectively and productively
- Supporting internal and external audits as required
- Maintaining infrastructure including upgrades of Hardware & Software technologies, monitoring the environment to detect any hardware or software issues and participating in system-related changes following corporate Change Management process
- As the need arises, represent the Team in technical meetings with other departments and with external clients.
- IT-related degree
- At least 7 to 8 years of System administration and implementation experience in Windows, Linux and VMware in a medium to large enterprise environments
- Good working knowledge of IIS, SSL configuration, IBM WebSphere, IBM InfoSphere MDM, MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2016
- Experience with migrating physical servers to VMware environment
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting VMware infrastructure
- Experience with HP, CISCO, IBM X series servers - firmware & driver upgrades, monitor and perform hardware analysis to proactively identify hardware failure and resolve it.
- Good knowledge of Windows server technologies including a solid understanding of server’s performance tuning, server build best practices, troubleshoot and resolve issues in Windows server
- Must be able to prioritize and work on infrastructure support and project implementations
- Working knowledge of Active Directory in 2003/2008/2012/2016 domain functional level, DNS, AD Sites and services and AD replication.
- Good knowledge of Active Directory upgrade process from 2003/2008/2012/2016 domain functional level.
Considered as an asset:
- Microsoft/VMware Certifications
- Knowledge of Redhat Linux operating systems and Oracle database
- Knowledge of Sharepoint, Dynamics, Office365, Windows Azure, AWS
- Knowledge of Hyena, Pearl, Python or other monitoring/automation/management tools
- Knowledge of penetration testing and vulnerability assessment
Syras offers the dynamics and excitement of working in a startup environment, a leading Center of Excellence with top of the line technology and innovation.
Sryas is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- VMware Host Configuration: 7 years (Preferred)
- SQL Server Administration: 6 years (Preferred)
- IIS Configuration & Administration: 5 years (Preferred)
- Server Hardware Management: 6 years (Preferred)