Procor Limited manages Canada’s largest private tank car lease fleet and operates an extensive repair network across the country. Our fleet has grown to include more than 31,000 special purpose tank and freight cars. Procor also operates 27 repair locations servicing the petroleum, petrochemicals, plastics, chemicals, fertilizers and food markets.
We have exciting opportunities for reliable Rail Car Mechanical Repair at our Scotford, Alberta location. This opportunity is perfect for someone with experience looking for a stable position in an organization that offers advancement.
Principal duties in this position are including but not limited to:
· Supporting site supervisor in coordinating work plans and communicating with the customer on status updates
· Preparing and maintaining documentation for completion of rail car repairs in compliance with regulatory standards
· Perform all necessary repairs to railcars and their components, including light and medium-duty mechanical repairs, coupler servicing, changing out loading valves, airbrake testing, rail car bubble leak testing, etc.
· Inbound rail car inspections as required
· Sourcing parts and coordinating maintenance for the operation
· Adhere to health and safety standards, including Responsible Care Policy
· Read, comprehend, and follow repair orders and procedures
· Other related duties as assigned
This role requires the successful candidate to work a normal schedule of Monday to Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, with opportunities for overtime. Please be advised that the schedule may change as business needs dictate.
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Computer skills with extensive experience in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams), Adobe, inventory management software
· Mechanical background with competent and safe use of hand tools and power equipment
· Must be able to read and understand written work orders, material safety data sheets, complete work write-ups, and other paper and computer work
· Prior railcar repair experience or similar, and knowledge of AAR standards an asset
o Experience with the following: AAR Rule 1-gauge knowledge, decal and stenciling, AAR and DOT minimum shipping requirements (placard holders), manway and eyebolt repair, etc.
· Valve training and/or certifications considered an asset
· Perform and document quality control checks as required by Company and regulatory quality standards
· Adhere to both customer site and Procor’s health and safety standards (including the Responsible Care policy), and wear the required personal protective equipment for the job in a safe manner
· Must be able to work in an environment with continuous exposure to outdoor weather conditions with dust, fumes, and noise
· Must be able to climb, stoop, and bend repeatedly, carry hand and power tools.
· Comfortable working at heights, in confined spaces, around machinery, and in conditions where there are loud noises and fumes
· Detail-oriented and committed to quality
· Valid driver’s license required
All applicants are required to complete and pass our full medical testing upon hire.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$34.69 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Rail Car repair: 1 year (preferred)
- Drivers License (preferred)
- Journeyman (preferred)