The Views at St. Joseph’s employs approximately 225 full time, part time and casual employees. Employees are unionized with exception of Management. The three unions are HEU, BCNU and H S A. To find out more information about who we are, please visit our websites: http://prcc.providencehealthcare.org/, https://cvviews.com. This position is located at the Views at St. Joseph’s site. We offer a competitive salary and benefits and we are a member of the Municipal Pension Plan. We are currently developing a new Employee Management System (ComVida EMS https://www.comvida.com/). This new software is a fully integrated HR, Scheduling and Payroll Software that allows two-way communication with Staff using modern methods such as texting and email. The HR Advisor will be instrumental in assisting staff to adapt to the new technology and software features. If you are up for a challenge and are able to lead and support organizational change, we want to hear from you.
POSTING: NON CONTRACT
STATUS: REGULAR FULL TIME
CLASSIFICATION: HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR
WORK AREA: THE VIEWS
EFFECTIVE DATE: IMMEDIATELEY
HOURS OF WORK: 0830-1630 HOURS (FLEXIBLE)
SALARY: NON CONTRACT RANGE 7
Reporting to the Site Operations leader, the Human Resource Advisor is responsible for supporting the effective administrative Operations of the Human Resources office.
The Human Resource Advisor supports the internal/external recruitment process and provides expertise and advice to managers while adhering to collective agreement provisions, organization policies and legislative obligations.
The Human Resources Advisor supports and advises on the Views’ employee health and wellness benefit programs, sick leave and disability management processes (including attendance management and return to work facilitation) for all employee groups, liaising with the Director of Care, managers and external service providers as required.
The Human Resource Advisor manages the Grievance database, provides guidance to managers in all areas of responsibility in accordance with collective agreements and organizational policies.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a diploma in related area such as Human Resources, Industrial Relations, and Business Administration. Five (5) years of related experience in a similar large, complex, multi-union organization, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. CHRP designation preferable.
Skills and Abilities
- Significant knowledge and experience in human resources processes and employee relations in a unionized work environment, including recruitment, disability and benefits management. Experience with labour relations in a multi-unionized environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication (written and oral), negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with clients such as Directors, Managers, Employees, Union Representatives and External Employment Candidates
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, including communications, word processing and database management.
- Ability to work within an environment that includes high volume, frequent interruptions, multiple tasks and stringent deadlines
- Experience working in a health care is an asset.
- A commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Please apply in writing to Human Resource Services using Application for Internal Vacancy Form with resume attached no later than 0800 hours on October 18, 2019. Applications and resumes may be submitted to Michael Aikins email address identified on Indeed.
Human Resource Services DATE: October 11, 2019
Job Types: Full-time, Contract