Job Title: Academic Manager – Information Technology
Location: Toronto, ON CA
Job Type: Full-Time
Toronto School of Management (TSoM), is an innovative college offering a broad range of career-focused programs in Business, Hospitality & Tourism, Accounting, and IT. Our mandate is to provide a comprehensive and balanced mix of programs and services that support the success of our students in work and life.
Our Mission: We with industry leaders to design and deliver innovative and career-centric programs. We work tirelessly to provide students with the right combination of academic excellence and practical hands-on experience, educating ambitious people to take their careers further.
TSoM is a member of Global University Systems (GUS). GUS is a United Kingdom-based international education group with institutions in the UK, Singapore, Germany and Canada, and a student body of over 60,000 students. We are now looking to hire an Academic Manager for our Information Technology Programs.
- Bring excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the IT Programs.
- Assist in interviewing and orienting new departmental faculty and serve as a mentor in the implementation of practical teaching skills.
- Involve in teacher induction and maintain records of teacher observation & appraisal.
- Liaise with student services for routine monitoring of attendance, student integration, student progression, disciplinary matters, and provide strategies for problem-solving.
- Oversee student registration records and aligning with the course timetable.
- Oversee and execute induction day timetables and presentations.
- Innovate, develop, and deliver productive learning environments using available resources incorporating various teaching/learning methods to meet the course objectives.
- Manage lesson planning, assignments, class management and overall course assessment of the students’ work while ensuring students’ awareness of course objectives and scoring rubric
- Engage students through tutoring and academic counselling while evaluating students’ progress and achievement.
- Oversee the assessment process for all teachers, including internal and external verification processes, in association with the QA team.
- Participate in faculty meetings, orientations, graduation exercises, and other functions as directed
- Ensure all educational activity is conducted in a legal and ethical manner.
- Challenging ideas, encouraging students to develop skills and knowledge in critical and rational thinking.
- Participate in professional development activities and programs as required by accreditation/regulatory agencies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Information Technology Programs:
1. Diploma in Cybersecurity Specialist Co-op
- Information Security in Cyber World
- Concepts and Practical Implication of Encryption
- Communications, Operation Systems and Data Management
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Computer Networks
- Penetration Testing
- Programming Languages for Cybersecurity
2. Diploma in Data Analytics Co-op
- Data Design
- Data Handling and Decision Making
- Working with Data using SAS and SQL
- Data Visualization and Interpretation
- A Ph.D. or a master’s degree in the field of Computer Science, Software Development, Cybersecurity or Data Analytics or other appropriate disciplines.
- 5-10 years of teaching experience in the vocation or equivalent work experience or a combination of both.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team of educators.
- Appropriate academic credentials for teachable subjects are essential.
- Dynamic individual with knowledge of creating positive learning experiences with young adult learners.
- Energy and drive superior communication abilities and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Previous teaching experience at the college or university is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching, supervising student work and providing support and feedback is highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a range of diverse students, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated a commitment to diversity and equity is desirable to interact effectively with diverse students and colleagues.
- Proven experience in an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous curriculum and program development experience is considered an asset as it is one of KPIs for the position.
- Capable of working independently as well as being part of a team.
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience in (included but are not limited to) data integration, data management, data warehousing and reporting, big data analytics
- Comfortable writing SQL queries to extract and integrate data from multiple databases sources.
- Familiar with predictive and prescriptive models in a business setting (i.e., regression, decision trees, deep learning etc.)
- Use Tableau Desktop and other visualization tools to rapidly generate impactful, interactive visualizations
- Being able to explain dashboard projects to students from start to finish
- Knowledge in OS and WIFI hacking, extensive knowledge with Wireshark software.
- Knowledge of at least one programing language: Java, .NET, C ++, Python(preferable).
- Current technical knowledge of internet and network technologies, such as: firewalls, routing, LAN, OSI, DNS, HTTP and DHCP.
- Certification in CEH, MCSA + CCNA Security+, LPT, or CCISO is highly recommended.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is an asset.
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities, including interviews and new hire onboarding, will be conducted online.
Toronto School of Management and Global University Systems are equal opportunities employers and as such positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00 per year
- teaching: 5 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)