You have a passion to raise the bar in the Retirement industry. You are an energetic, motivated leader who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance and customer service. You will have experience in a similar setting with skills and knowledge in the areas of coordinating seniors’ activities, leading physical fitness programs and managing volunteers. If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a difference in people’s lives are important to you, then we are eager to hear from you.
What do you get when a team of experienced industry professionals combine their passion and decide it is time to raise the bar in the retirement living industry? You get V!VA Retirement Communities. At V!VA, we aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. We are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. At V!VA we put people first. We are looking for just the right person who shares V!VA’s mission – Making Today Great!
As the Lifestyle Assistant at a V!VA Retirement Retirement Community you will report to the Lifestyle Manager. In accordance with V!VA’s vision and values The Lifestyle Assistant is responsible for the delivery of activities as designated in the Lifestyle program. The Lifestyle Assistant is an integral member of the Lifestyle team. You will make working and living at a V!VA Retirement Community an awesome experience by continually working to improve the customer service experience and developing an innovative working environment for Team Members and volunteers.
- Deliver suitable and safe group and individualized activities to Community Members in accordance with the Lifestyle program and in collaboration with volunteers
- Organize designated activities including preparation of materials and environment
- Assist with the planning and organization of activities that are designed to maintain and improve the quality of life for Community Members
- Maintain accurate documentation of activities including evaluation of individual program plans and individual Community Member plans
- Participate in regular review of the Lifestyle program in consultation with the Lifestyle Manager
- Perform work in an ethical framework, which supports the rights and interests of our Community Members by:
- following appropriate reporting mechanisms to meet duty of care requirements
- reporting all changes in health status to the Lifestyle Manager or their delegate
- directing all enquiries regarding the program plan to the Lifestyle Manager
- Provide appropriate support in the orientation of new team member and/or volunteers
- Assist with the development of monthly newsletter and activity calendar
- Apply principles of privacy and confidentiality to all work practices
- Maintain a duty of confidentiality to all Community Members, clients, volunteers and team members
- Participates in and attends all in-service training and education programs as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relevant experience facilitating activation programs within the Retirement Living industries
- Post-secondary education in Recreation, Activation or Health Care, or working towards Personal Training Certification, Fitness Instructor Certification and/or Aqua Certification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience interacting with a wide range of people
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and appropriate relationships with Community Members, their families/representatives
- Commitment to respecting the values, customs, preferences and spiritual beliefs of Community Members and their families/representatives
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of older adults
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the use of Internet resources
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrated use of initiative
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check result
- Valid Driver's License with a good driving record, an asset
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy
- Able to bend, stretch, sit and stand for long periods. Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours including holidays, evenings and weekends
Successful applicants must provide a recent satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference check.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.