Are you ready for a taste of the one of Canada's Top Employers?
Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the Canada's Best Employers. This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation.
The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more.
Primarily to provide administrative support to several departments: the Purchasing Department in the replenishment ordering of assigned products, the Quality Assurance department in the traceability program, Production and Maintenance department at the factory, and Retail Operations.
- Initiates, create it, tracks, monitors, expedites, purchase orders for product grouping as assigned.
- Monitors consumables stock levels, initiate remedial action as required.
- Monitors and manages all back-orders for assigned products.
- Liaise with ‘customers’ and purchasing dept to report anticipated or current stock shortages that may affect operations.
- Coordinates the processing or purchase requisitions and purchase orders as assigned.
- Work Order database entry and proof lot number match.
- Assist in IQC – Incoming Quality Control for all printed packaging and selected expiry dated sensitive ingredients.
- Assist in cycle counts.
- Involvement in maintaining service levels (fill rates).
- Involvement in improving inventory turns.
- Generate/update purchasing & inventory status Reports as required.
- Assist the Purchasing dept as/when required.
- Previous experience in the Purchasing Field is preferred.
- Working experience in a computerized environment, with competency in PC skills, using Enterprise Resource Planning Software, Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook.
- Must be detail orientated, organized and capable of working to deadlines
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload and make sound decisions
- Strong communication skills and proven problem solving skills
- Must be flexible in relation to handling work requirements - ability to adapt to change and work under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment
- Mandarin language is an asset.
A more detailed (though not complete) listing of tasks for the Purchasing Assistant position :
- Reviewing weekly Production Bar Wrap inventory and based on guidelines (min on hand) set by PURCHASING MANAGER, place reorders.
- Reviewing weekly Packline Supplies count, and based on guidelines (min on hand) set by PURCHASING MANAGER, place reorders
- Reviewing weekly Store Supplies count, and based on guidelines (min on hand) set by PURCHASING MANAGER, place reorders
- Reviewing weekly Warehouse supplies, and based on guidelines (min on hand) set by PURCHASING MANAGER, place reorders
- Reviewing monthly 1st aid supplies count, and based on guidelines (min on hand) set by PURCHASING MANAGER, place reorders
- Place PO’s for Maintenance, Production and Creative department as required.
- Run outstanding PO report weekly, and expedite/follow-up where necessary
- Assist in IQC (Incoming Quality Control) inspection and compile data along with Quality Assurance Team.
- Archiving – approved artwork/proofs/samples e.g. bar wraps, control samples of purple boxes.
- Maintain information/resource database e.g catalogues.
- Review weekly cycle counts, and record and track expired dated sensitive inventory items.
- Couriering of samples, etc to vendors (local & international) , including preparation of customs documentation for international shipments
- Track vendor performance e.g. actual vs requested delivery date, mis-shipments based on guidelines from PURCHASING MANAGER
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
Purdys Chocolatier is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org