BDO Dartmouth provides recruiting services for our clients who are in need of a full-time permanent or contract employee in the field of accounting and finance. Whether it is an Accounting Clerk, Bookkeeper, Controller or CFO, we provide recruitment services and place qualified applicants with our clients.
Our client, Mernova Medicinal Inc., is growing and seeking a full time permanent Controller to join their team. If you are passionate about what you do, we want to meet you.
As a Controller, you will report to the General Manager and be responsible for:
- Budgeting, forecasting, and cash flow analysis.
- Period end financial reporting and working paper preparation.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on all financial data and trends.
- Assessing, developing, implementing, and maintaining internal systems and processes.
- Understanding, implementing, and monitoring an adequate control environment.
- Maintaining integrity of the accounting system and inputs.
- Managing the function, data integrity, and reporting of the inventory valuation model.
- Assessing, developing, recommending, and monitoring capital expenditure requisitions and fund allocations.
- Managing the entire audit process.
- Overseeing the back office functions such as inventory management, administration, IT, etc.
- Supervising and liaising with internal and external parties.
- Ad hoc as required.
- Accounting Designation.
- 3 - 5 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Experience in the manufacturing or agriculture industry is an asset.
- Previous controller experience is an asset.
- Previous experience with an accounting firm is an asset.
- Operational experience working with the back office functions such as inventory management, Administration, IT, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting system(s) such as Sage is an asset.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as, on a team.
- Detail oriented individual with strong organizational skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Ad hoc
Our outsourcing and advisory group continue to provides world class, in house, finance and accounting services to clients of all sizes in any industry. We provide a full suite of financial solutions to our clients, including third- party recruiting services for finance and accounting roles, outsourcing of accounting and finance functions (CFO, Controller, and Bookkeeper for hire), and business advisory services.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent