We are actively looking for a Engineering Manager to join our dynamic team.
As a hands-on team player, the incumbent will be responsible for the development and implementation of department strategy to support financial, operational and growth requirements of the business. Reporting to the VP Operations at AJW Technique, the position will oversee a team of engineers supporting the AJW Technique component repair facility.
Within an aeronautical component MRO environment, the position will be focused on Engineering, project management and strategic product development, answering both internal and external engineering queries, and working closely with continuous improvement to reduce component repair costs. Monitoring of industry standards and trends, especially with respect to digitisation will be a key part of the role to ensure AJW remains at the forefront within our industry.
- Attract, hire, develop and retain engineering team members to maximise their potential and to instil a common vision, sense of purpose and shared values to focus on superior levels of quality, productivity and customer satisfaction;
- Contribute to the development of annual business plans that increase profitability and shareholder value, and be fully responsible to set departmental objectives, and to develop and monitor appropriate KPI’s;
- Provide support to production cells to resolve issues in a timely manner, and assist other groups e.g. Pricing, Supply Chain, Sales with technical support as required and facilitate close working relations.
- With the vision of product development; develop a product strategy to attract new business segments within the group based on capabilities.
- Engage with customers as required and provide technical support during fleet reliability meetings.
- Ensure analysis of component reliability data including benchmarking of MTBUR/MTBUF and customer reliability reports (NFF/BER/CID/FOF/LTR rates, rogue unit analysis etc).
- Ensure assessment and make implementation recommendations related to modifications (SB’s, AD’s etc.) and agree Maintenance Planning Letter (MPL) with customers for scheduled modification programs and retrofits.
- Seek solutions to improve reliability and reduce lifecycle cost on key cost drivers and high removal components, and to prevent BER;
- Encourage and champion innovation and strategic thinking within AJWT and with Value Engineering through collaboration with external suppliers in developing repair schemes and work-scopes to salvage piece parts, improve reliability and reduce cost;
- Ensure collaboration with other departments in policing of flat rate pricing agreements including review of inclusions/exclusions, trending repair costs and potential recharge to customers
- Support technical investigation of customer returns ensuring root cause analysis and implementation of improvement actions;
- Capability Management – oversee AJWT product portfolio optimisation and strategy in conjunction with VP Operations; recommend new products to add and question those which should be removed;
- Manage the AJWT New Product Introduction Process from identification of new opportunities through to the successful introduction into production including formulation and management of NPI project plan to drive timely introduction of new products, and production of key metrics for management review;
- Oversee the review, specification and design of test equipment and tooling based on CMM requirements, and manage the acquisition process through successful implementation;
- Perform financial analysis and justification for new products / tooling / test equipment to support recommendations for NPI / new equipment;
- Maintain Technical Data library;
- Support training requirements for Technicians
- Deliver leading edge and innovative engineering solutions to both its internal and external customers.
- Experience in an engineering role within an Aerospace MRO / Operations / Airline environment
- Demonstrated Leadership experience
- Project Management Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- PMP certification
- Broad Understanding Engineering and Quality Systems in an Aerospace environment
- Conversant with 5 “S” philosophy
- Demonstrated Financial and Commercial Acumen
Personality and Skills
- Strong leadership skills, team player
- Strategic thinker
- Strong analytical skills coupled with keen attention to accuracy and detail
- Must have an entrepreneurial and agile methodology alongside the operational product support and engineering needs
- Energy and commitment to working to overcome challenges
- Comfortable and confident in communicating and effectively representing the team with internal and external audiences at all organisational levels
- Flexible for occasional travel to meet the needs of the business
- Bilingual English and French
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- English (Required)
- French (Required)