Nanaimo Gymnastics School (NGS) is seeking a dynamic,reliable and skilled administrator to work full-time alongside our experienced and dedicated coaching team in the role of Office Manager.
Committed to fostering amateur gymnastics, sportsmanship, and good citizenship, NGS is a fully equipped gymnastics facility that has been delivering quality gymnastics instruction for over 40 years in the central Vancouver Island area. NGS offers a variety of programs, including successful Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) and Trampoline Gymnastics(TG) programs, preschool and recreational classes, parkour lessons, and private birthday parties.
If you have experience effectively managing a recreational program and/or facility, have an authentic leadership style, enjoy working with children and youth, are detail-oriented, and are motivated by working with a professional team in an active environment, we encourage you to apply.
- In partnership with the NGS Board and management team (Head Coach, Pre-school and Recreational Director, and Communications Director), support the development of the NGS strategic plan
- Liaise with the NGS Board on a monthly basis to report on operational and financial matters
- Liaise with Gymnastics BC for all membership registrations, payments, and reporting
- In consultation with the management team, prepare the annual operating budget and control expenditure within budget parameters approved by the board, including purchases, hiring, and repairs
- Oversee all accounting and bookkeeping needs, including payroll
- Seek out and apply for grants, subsidies, and other external funding
- Develop and implement human resource policies, and maintain personnel files
- In partnership with the Head Coach and management team, recruit, hire, and manage the onboarding process of new staff, including orientations and ongoing training
- Manage and monitor desk staff performance
- Organize and develop office operations and procedures
- Oversee and manage registration systems; process all registrations
- Track payments and ensure reconciliation of all accounts in a timely fashion
- Answer phones and greet all customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Respond to customer questions and concerns in a timely, consistent manner via in-person office visits, phone calls, and digital platforms
- Disseminate and/or post information, program updates, and marketing collateral
- Ensure an outstanding gym safety standard
- Maintain current, organized, and secure filing system
- Monitor gym and office supplies and order additional items as necessary
- Ensure front desk, reception, and general public areas are maintained and cleaned daily
- Facilitate building maintenance and lease agreement in liaison with owners
- Ensure that required government reports are filed in a timely fashion
- Ensure that the BC Privacy Act, BC Employment Standards Act, industry insurance requirements and WorkSafe BC protocols are followed at all times.
- Ideal Candidate:
- Degree or Diploma in the field of recreation, business administration, or sport management
- 5+ Years of experience managing a fast-paced office with significant emphasis on customer service
- Experience with payroll systems (Simply Accounting) and payroll deductions (CPP, EI, Income Tax, Benefits)
- Knowledge of the BC Employment Standards Act, WorkSafe BC protocols, BC Privacy Act
- Experience with computer registration systems (Uplifter)
- Computer skills with a strong foundation in Microsoft Office Word and Excel, database management systems, and knowledge of current technologies and web-based applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, exhibit a strong attention to detail, and be a confident leader
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Clean Criminal Record Check (or ability to complete one prior to the start of employment)
- Experience and knowledge of sport facilities and not-for-profit organizations
- Has knowledge of a gymnastics setting; experience coaching a plus, although not required
Preference will be given to candidates who also have the following, or be willing to complete these programs:
- Completion of Making Ethical Decisions and Respect in Sport
- Gymnastics Coach Training: Foundations Level 1 (all disciplines), and Level 2 Trampoline Coach Certification, or be willing/physically able to obtain these Hour.
This 30 -40 hour per week position requires a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year