Job Number: 79573
Job: Health Professional/Assistant
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre
Organization: MCSS DEVLOP PEDIATRICS
Status: Temporary Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 35.6500 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 45.7000
Post Date: Dec 6, 2019, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Dec 13, 2019, 4:59:00 AM
Developmental Pediatrics and Rehabilitation (DPR) is a portfolio within McMaster Children's Hospital. It is comprised of many different programs providing out- patient services to children (and some adults) with developmental, emotional or behaviourial, physical, or communication needs. DPR provides habilitation / rehabilitation services to children with neurological and/or developmental disabilities from birth to school leaving age. The team offers assessment, treatment, and consultation services through a variety of service delivery models.
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the occupational therapist provides service through individual treatment, groups, or consultation to families and caregivers at the centre, in home, or in the community.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday; days. Some evening work, and in the future, occasional weekend work may be required. This position is temporary until September 2021.
1. Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
2. Well developed professional skills which include: the ability to work within an interdisciplinary team setting; the ability to collaborate and consult with clients and community care-givers, excellent assessment, treatment and consultative skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing, the ability to work in a variety of settings, and creative problem-solving skills
3. Strong clinical reasoning and caseload management skills
4. Ability and willingness to maintain professional standards of practice and clinical competencies according to the College of Occupational Therapists guidelines and a willingness to upgrade skills when required, and keep abreast of new developments in pediatric rehabilitation
5. Ability to work in a changing environment that demands high productivity, organizational skills, and flexibility
6. Access to a reliable and insured vehicle with $1,000,000 liability insurance which would allow for home and community visits
7. Pediatric experience, particularly in rehabilitation preferred
8. Willingness to participate in a criminal reference screening process
9. Fluency in French will be considered an asset
10. Must be able to obtain a valid Vulnerable Sector Scree(VSS)
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement