EXFO develops smarter network test, monitoring and analytics solutions for the world’s leading telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies—and we love what we do! With close to 1900 employees in more than 25 countries, EXFO is no. 1 worldwide in fiber optic test solutions, has the largest active assurance deployment and delivers unmatched insights into subscriber experience. Our unique blend of intelligent hardware, software and professional services enables our customers’ network transformations related to fiber, 5G and 4G/LTE, virtualization and big data analytics. We’re always looking for top talent to help us lead the way in a thriving industry with boundless opportunities.
Under the supervision of the Software Manager, the Data Analyst - Predictive Analytics will provide subject matter expertise in the areas of data science and machine learning within the Advanced Analytics team. This new team within the product development organization will be responsible for conceiving, developing and delivering advanced predictive analytics solutions to EXFO customers. The Data Analyst will work closely with the Analytics Architect and with the Product Line Manager to build effective solutions. From his/her experience in data science and machine learning, the Data Analyst will be a key member of the Advanced analytics teams.
What you’ll do
More specifically, your responsibilities will be to:
- Provide the Advanced Analytics team with subject matter expertise in data science;
- Lead the team in analyzing and cleaning data;
- Lead the team in selecting machine learning algorithms and approaches;
- Work closely with the Analytics Architect to build effective, robust and deployable solutions;
- Select toolkits and technical approaches;
- Determine approaches to validate the effectiveness of the solutions;
- Work closely with customer facing Product Line Managers to analyze requirements and opportunities in order to conceive effective solutions;
- Understand the customer needs and use cases;
- Understand and influence the available data sets;
- Communicate to PLM, customers and stakeholders the scope and limitations of solutions.
If necessary, the Data Analyst will perform other related duties related to his job.
What we’re looking for
- In-depth knowledge of the mathematical/statistical methods and algorithms underpinning machine learning;
- Hands-on programming experience with big data processing using Hadoop and Spark (using Java, Scala or Python);
- Hands-on experience analyzing, cleaning and interpreting data for machine learning purposes;
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with a few machine learning toolkits, such as: tensorflow, Keras, Torch, Mahout, Theano, scikit-learn, CNTK;
- Exposure/experience with anomaly detection and predictive analytics, especially in the telecom or network space.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills (spoken and written)
- Comfortable working in a team environment using agile methods
- Flexible mindset; ability to consider different approaches to meet technical and project objectives
- Enthusiastic, motivated and likes to learn new technologies
Education: Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics, software or engineering (Master and PHD an asset);
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in application development;
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in data analysis and machine learning;
Language requirements: Bilingual: French and English (spoken and written);
Other: Must have a Canadian citizenship or be a permanent resident of Canada.
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.
What we are offering
- Flexible working hours
- Multi-site & Multidisciplinary teams
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Modern Workspace
- AGILE work methodology
- Variety of social and sports activities
- Social Community Involvement
- Free parking
- Terminals for electric cars
- Easy access to public transport
- Bike path nearby
- Onsite Cafeteria Services
- Competitive vacation policy and holiday time off
- Annual Bonus Program
- RRSP Program and Group Insurance
EXFO is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
- application development: 4 years (Preferred)