Knowledge Bureau: is a private, certified post-secondary educational institution that provides courses that furnish its students with skills for, or to improve a person's skills in, an occupation. Established in 2003 by Founder and President Evelyn Jacks, it focuses specifically on providing world class financial education required for professionals in the tax, accounting and financial services who work together with their clients in making joint financial decisions about their family’s wealth.
Mission: At Knowledge Bureau, we believe* Your Potential is Infinite. * Knowledge Bureau invites our students, staff, subcontractors and faculty to achieve their limitless potential by participating in an evolving-issues-based learning environment dedicated to* “leadership, credentials and core values”.*
Knowledge Bureau’s vision is to “educate, connect and empower the way financial intermediaries provide high-value consultancy services to their clients and employers”.
Knowledge Bureau (KB) offers a number of online programs and courses leading to certifications, diplomas and designations. Its educational philosophy is to “develop an industry of strategic Real Wealth Managers who collaborate on an inter-advisory basis to steward sustainable family wealth through Real Wealth Management”. Over the years, it has issued over 37,000 certificates to graduates. It currently close to 9000 active certificate course students in diploma and designation programs.
KB educational programs are designed to help the advisor transition meetings with clients who have or will accumulate more wealth through inheritance, sale of business or growing investment accumulation, to full multi-faceted investment and product planning solutions. It emphasizes sustainability with a strong focus on tax-efficient income and capital. Programs are delivered to tax practitioners, accountants, bookkeepers, financial planners, wealth advisors and corporate clients.
KB also offers:
- Distinguished Advisor Workshops, also known as CE Summits, held in major centers across Canada and taught by industry leaders in a blended learning opportunity with its online courses.
- An annual international event, the Distinguished Advisor Conference, that explores strategic wealth management and practice management techniques in locales clients retire to.
- Custom-designed CE modules, webinars and keynotes for corporate clients and academic institutions to provide tailored training solutions to meet the unique needs of each organization.
- Published “Newsbooks”, report and video tutorials to empower the relationship between advisors and their clients.
Knowledge Bureau is well positioned for the future with:
- timely and relevant course materials and products;
- engaged and professional employees;
- a strong network of suppliers and business partners;
- a proven online educational framework and platform;
- financial viability and years of steady growth and experience; and,
- a widely respected and recognized industry brand.
THE REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
The Director of Sales and Client Care will report directly to the Senior Vice-President of Business Development and will be a key member of its management team. The Director of Sales and Client Care is responsible for the strategic leadership and oversight of the sales team and delivering on organizational sales and growth objectives.
The Director of Sales and Client Care will oversee the activities of the sales team, and is responsible for directing and supporting the successful implementation of sales strategies and initiatives to meet the objectives and goals of Knowledge Bureau’s ambitious strategic plan; a key role at a critical time in the evolution of a growing company committed to lifelong learning.
This is an exciting opportunity for proven sales professional to foster relationships with key stakeholders including existing and new clients, and introduce consistent and high-quality sales initiatives to meet growth objectives and serve clients with the highest level of customer service and experience. Often the face of the company with key partners and potential customers, the Director of Sales and Client Care will be a high-performing sales executive with a positive communications style that engages those within and outside the organization.
Key to success will be the candidate’s ability to collaborate with other Knowledge Bureau departments and foster a strong sales team that is guided by clear goals and objectives, and has a strong sense of purpose within the organization.
Building on a strong brand in the industry, the Director of Sales and Client Care will ensure the sales team are knowledgeable, client-driven champions for Knowledge Bureau’s financial education courses, materials and products, continually monitoring and responding to feedback and data that helps drive continuous improvement of the products and course offerings.
Working closely with Senior Vice-President of Business Development, and the management team of the Knowledge Bureau, the key responsibilities of the Director of Sales and Client Care include:
- Leading the activities of the Knowledge Bureau sales team and fostering a client-centric team culture.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating short and long-term sales plans and annual work plans and budgets for the sales team that deliver on the strategic and sales objectives of Knowledge Bureau.
- Understanding the competitive landscape, maximizing opportunities for new value creation and driving Knowledge Bureau to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, business goals and objectives.
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders, clients, employees, contractors and business partners.
- Implementing effective and efficient sales systems, policies, processes and procedures to ensure a consistent and quality sales approach.
- Identifying and bringing forward new and innovative ideas for process and product improvement.
- Coordinating sales forecasts, budgeting, planning and process optimization.
- Working in close collaboration with the Senior Vice-President of Business Development to ensure marketing and communications efforts are aligned and informed to meet sales and brand objectives.
- the budgeting, accounting, reporting and analysis of sales activities and trends
- the development and implementation of effective sales strategies and monitoring results.
- the gathering of industry trends and data and best practices, to remain competitive and position Knowledge Bureau as an industry leader.
- the mentoring, training and performance of sales team, including performance management and recruitment
- client relationships with existing, potential and new clients including offering presentations, problem-solving and customer service solutions.
- The monitoring of long-term performance indicators including customer satisfaction, quality, efficiency and value.
- Base salary and indexing, commensurate with experience
- Attractive performance incentives
- Employee group benefits plan
- Employee continuing professional development and education plan
- Excellent vacation program
Knowledge Bureau is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Travel will be required.
- At least 10 years of sales experience with a minimum five years in a senior sales role.
- Undergraduate degree in business or a related discipline.
- Strong administrative, organizational, communication and people skills, financial literacy, an understanding of online learning tools and innovations in technology.
- Supervisory experience including performance management, training, mentoring, and recruitment.
- Exemplary oral and written presentation skills
- Experience growing a sales department and a results-proven track record of exceeding sales goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, including senior corporate executives, educational institutions, government, students and business partners.
- Strong marketing background and appreciation for the important inter-relationship between marketing and sales.
- Ability and appetite to innovate
- Experience in post-secondary education, accounting and finance sectors is an asset.
This is a role for a motivated, experienced, enthusiastic and energetic sales leader who believes in the importance and benefit of life-long learning. He/she will be performance-oriented, team player who has a successful track record of inspiring teams, communicating effectively and delivering-results:
- demonstrate integrity and honesty, good judgment and discretion.
- exhibit a strong commitment to excellence, ethical behaviour and values.
- be a clear and confident communicator and a skilled listener.
- lead effectively, think strategically and execute expeditiously.
- inspire others, build trust and demonstrate emotional intelligence.
- be flexible and adapt to changing situations.
- work under pressure, meeting key project and reporting deadlines.
- focus on continuous improvement and key business processes.
- identify important issues, understand relationships, make connections and interpret complex situations.
- recognize potential prospects for growth and seize opportunities.
- be resourceful and practical with an eye for detail and a focus on data.
- is results-oriented and client driven.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- sales: 10 years (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)