JOB IDENTIFICATION: School Secretary
Under the direction of the Principal, provides secretarial, bookkeeping and administrative services for the
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
01. Provides word processing services, including those of a confidential nature, to the Principal and staff.
02. Maintains hard copy and computerised filing systems (both confidential and non-confidential).
03. Performs receptionist duties.
04. Completes Ministry documents.
05. Processes a variety of forms.
06. Performs data entry to computerised attendance and finance systems.
07. Maintains adequate inventory of office supplies.
08. Orders and records textbooks.
09. Maintains records, including permanent record cards.
10. Assists with master scheduling of courses and students.
11. Responsible for producing report cards and scheduling.
12. Performs general office duties including keyboarding, filing, mail, recording student and staff absences and
answering telephone inquiries.
13. Operates office equipment including typewriter, computer, photocopier, fax, adding machine, P.A. system
14. Secures school keys.
15. Maintains school account including collection of cash, issuing receipts, writing cheques, depositing funds,
bank reconciliations and petty cash accounts.
16. Assists with budget preparation and monitors school budget.
17. Submits and ensures accuracy of payroll data.
18. Performs accounting and purchasing procedures.
19. Performs year end financial procedures.
20. Works in a setting with a high degree of confidentiality.
21. May, on occasion, be required to monitor students.
22. May, on occasion, be required to give direction to relief personnel (i.e. relief steno).
23. May, on occasion, be required to travel to other school sites.
24. May, on occasion, be required to perform other job related duties.
25. Provides a good role model.
26. Displays excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
27. Maintains safe work practices.
01. Grade 12 or equivalent.
02. Successfully completed post-secondary secretarial training with computers and bookkeeping.
03. Previous experience in a related field.
04. Working knowledge of computer hardware and software.
05. Excellent keyboarding skills.
For CUPE (Local 173) For School District No. 74 (Gold Trail)
Last printed 10/20/2011 9:28:00 AM