Alture Properties is growing!
Job Description: Bookkeeper
Summary: Alture Properties Ltd. is looking for a second Bookkeeper to to be responsible for supporting the bookkeeping needs of Alture projects and operating subsidiary businesses in a professional, timely, and organized manner with specific consideration to recording journal entries, supporting bank reconciliations, and invoice payments.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements: The Bookkeeper will have an academic and/or applied background that includes the following:
- A minimum Bachelor degree or equivalent and minimum 1 year of bookkeeping experience in a small to medium sized company
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as Microsoft Office (including Excel), managing files and records, copy machine, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Sage50 accounting software is a requirement, experience with Quickbooks is a bonus.
- Strong work ethic, sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Strong decision making, communication (both verbal and written), and analytical skills
- An organized self-starter who is attentive to detail and able to work independently
- Accurate and fast keypunch ability and good aptitude with numbers
- Ability to regularly interact with staff and management to provide or obtain related information
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks, likely with competing priorities
- Ensure invoice information is accurate and match invoices to supporting documentation such as purchase orders and commitments
- Enter invoices into Sage50, distribute and track invoices for approval
- Maintain the integrity of the General Ledgers through timely bank/credit card reconciliations and recording of journal entries
- Preparing and emailing out the monthly net rent settlements
- Communicate with internal & external stakeholders to ensure strong relations are maintained
- Assist with preparation of audit information and support
- Handle special projects, responsibilities and other duties as assigned by Management
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings and supporting the President’s appointments & travel arrangements
- Organizing and optimize the filing systems
- Answering incoming calls and other receptionist duties
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and calling for repairs as needed
- Ordering office supplies when needed
Reporting: The Bookkeeper will report to the Director/Controller Finance and directly support the Staff Accountant, in providing timely and accurate numbers for the various Alture projects and companies
Performance Evaluation: The Bookkeeper will be evaluated on the following
- Timely and accurate bank/credit card reconciliations and journal entries into Sage50
- Timely and accurately preparing the monthly net rent settlements
- Improving the efficiency of payment processing
Position Performance and Evaluation: The position compensation and evaluation will be completed on an annual basis with quarterly performance reviews.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sage50: 1 year (Preferred)