Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
- Current Certificate of Registration in good standing, or eligible for registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current CPR or BCLS certificate.
- Current ACLS Certification or registered for ACLS course to start within 6 months.
- Completion of Coronary Care 1 or equivalent (ex. previous Cardio Concepts QHC) or willing to register to an eligible course within 60 days and completion within 6 months of commencement of position (or mutually agreed upon dates).
- A minimum of 1-year recent acute care experience in a medical/surgical department in the last 3 years, or a minimum of 6 months’ acute care experience in an ICU environment.
- Completion of a recognized Critical Care Nursing Program or willingness to enroll within 3 months of hire and a commitment to complete the certification within 2 years.
- Evidence of continuing professional development. (please list most recent 3 on application)
- Capable of coping with a physically demanding workload. (Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) available to review)
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking, interpersonal and communication skills to assume in charge responsibility to function independently.
- Practices within the scope of professional, legal and ethical standards
- Accountable to seek out and obtain education to enhance/improve practice
- Formulates the plan of care in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Continuously assesses, monitors and evaluates data regarding the patients physical, emotional, and psycho-social status
- Continuous analysis of data to formulate nursing response and interventions based on the patient/family wishes, priorities, and needs
- Plans interventions in collaboration with the inter-professional care team to formulate an overall plan of care
- Implements the established plan of care in collaboration with the inter-professional team using advanced skill and knowledge within his/her professional scope of practice
- Evaluates patient outcomes in a manner consistent with independent and interdependent nursing functions
- Other duties as assigned.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Sporadically – average under 30 pounds lifting, carrying, and pushing/pulling
- Required in extreme emergency – 100 pounds
- Required Often – standing
- Required Frequently – sitting, walking, on hard floor surface
- Required Occasionally - stooping, lateral bending, foot activation, kneeling, bending
- Required Rarely - crouching, squatting
- Required Frequently – both hands for reaching, reaching above shoulder, fine finger movement, foot action, pinching, gripping/grasping, and eye/hand coordination