The Event Services Supervisor works directly with the Food and Beverage Manager in the coordination of all function details and the day to day operations of events and weddings as assigned. This would include working together with the other supervisors/managers to ensure service excellence to all residents, members and guests of the RiverBend Golf Community.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources.
September 24th 2019
Experience & Qualifications:
- Deliver an overall “service experience” throughout the entire event planning process by striving to exceed customer excellence in all food and beverage areas.
- Meets or exceeds established sales goals; optimizes profitability through reducing expenses and maximizing revenues. Maintaining budgetary controls including any purchasing and operational cost in accordance with established budgets.
- Meet with clients to understand the purpose of the event and utilize selling techniques that may complement or achieve the client’s vision and increase potential margins. Plans he scope of the customized event not limited to time, program, space, equipment, audiovisual needs, logistics, staffing, and associated costs.
- Create and maintain detailed banquet event orders (BEO’S) to meet the specifications of the client, manage room blocks, food and beverage requirements, meeting room setups, billing, and other additional needs of the client,
- Co-ordinate with the event convenor to ensure of planning and execution of the day of the event; this would include communication any relevant changes to timelines and/or services to the other supervisors and kitchen team.
- Ordering of supplies for all events; including all linen outside of our daily linen (specialty linen), additional rentals required for events, chair covers and wedding ceremony rentals.
- Ensure Jonas POS entries, Moneris transactions, and cash settlement of event food and beverage sales are accurately processed daily.
- Proven sales experience to meet organizational targets for event revenue. Experience and demonstrated success in special event organizing, planning and execution with knowledge of contractual and a focus on customer experience.
- Excellent organization, problem-solving and time management skills; Efficient and professional in verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills with attention to detail and focus on achieving set deadlines.
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays based on business demands.
- Knowledge of food and beverage products and procedures, staff supervisory training, food and beverage formal and informal service as well as banquet.
- Two years’ of demonstrated event planning experience in events, venue or hospitality industries. College Diploma from a recognized Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism training facility or equivalent would be considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Previous experience with event management software will be considered an asset.