Position : Awake Modular Housing Support Worker
Closing Date : Open until filled
Status : Full-time (37 hours/week)
Location : Abbotsford
Nature of Work: Sun: 1930-0730/Sat: 1915-0745/Mon: 2200-0800
Posting #1 : LMA - 102019
Legacy Manor is a 37 semi-independent housing units in Abbotsford that provides women the support and assists the need to live independently. It offers women with a history of homelessness or who are at risk of homelessness with housekeeping apartments and two meals a day.
EFry is human rights based social agency interested in working with others committed to equality, fairness, and opportunity for those we serve.
Ensures the well-being and safety ofthe residents during the night hours. Along with client monitoring, the Awake Overnight Worker is responsible for creating and maintaining a comfortable and clean livingLegacy Manor environment.
- Monitors Legacy Manor building during night hours and ensures safety.
- Conducts safety and security checks inside of Legacy Manor building and communicates with security personnel regarding monitoring outside safety issues on the premises and the perimeters of Legacy Manor.
- Responds to client emergency and crisis needs during the night as necessary and deals with behavioural issues as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate reports with regard to residents and ensure that all appropriate documentation is correct and complete.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of internal fire regulations and procedures, and other emergency procedures.
- May be involved in meal preparation and maintaining the food inventory.
- Performs light housekeeping duties ensuring a safe, clean hygienic environment for all.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A 2 year Diploma in related field plus one year previous work experience in a residential environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Addictions and mental health experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of women with complex needs and the government services they interact with.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Understanding of crisis management, risk assessment, trauma and gender-informed practice, and case management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs
- Negative TB Test
- Willingness to obtain Food Safe Level 1 and Standard First Aid with CPR
- Doctor’s Note of fitness required
- Ability to obtain Criminal Record Check for children and vulnerable adults (local, provincial)
- Applicants with a driver’s license are preferred
- Satisfactory record of driver’s abstract
EFry actively promotes a program of employment equity and equal opportunity to ensure equal access to employment opportunity for all persons.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Abbotsford, BC (Preferred)