Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world. Recreational cannabis is on the horizon. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer in the country as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever-evolving brands.
Canopy Growth Corporation ("Canopy Growth") is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC) and part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries, including its flagship Tweed and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand, are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis. With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
The Retail Labour Analyst will work as part of the retail team to evaluate & lead labor optimization planning, including retail key performance indicator (KPI)management, labor scheduling, gap analysis and retail labor dashboards on a national level. This role will identify new opportunities, execute labor scheduling with store leaders and district management, conduct due diligence, provide labor management recommendation, track KPI’S and perform directed research. Success in this role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, an analytical and questioning mindset, demonstrated project management abilities, creativity and enthusiasm for optimization of resources and KPI’s.
Evaluate, analysis, due diligence and valuation tasks that include:
Research tasks that include:
- Qualifying labor opportunities and performing comprehensive due diligence on a labor scheduling system to meet or exceed labor targets
- Reviewing confidential vital retail information and data. preparing analyses and presenting summaries of findings/recommendations to internal decision makers on a store and operational level
- Reviewing, developing and maintaining dynamic labor models that incorporate optimized service scenarios, sensitivity analysis, business decline/increase options, valuations, historical and forecast data to analyze non-routine & routine labor in a manner that supports decision making
- Work with service and guest feedback partners to strategize and optimize labor execution correlation to guest/employee feedback
Portfolio company support and reporting tasks that include:
- Compiling, analyzing and synthesizing information from a broad range of sources such as financial databases, industry analysis, traffic pattern analysis, competitive factors, financial statements and HR planning software
- Preparing ideal labor summaries and presentations to the internal customers
- Assisting in developing comprehensive labor management dashboards to measure daily, weekly, monthly
- Supporting the team in generating and executing value-add strategies within the operating businesses
- Monitoring ongoing financial and operational performance of national retail planning, budgets and execution
- Provide assistance in the preparation of performance reporting as required.
- Conduct periodic site visits and on occasion oversee and understand labor constraints, opportunities and best practices
Experience and Background
- 2+ years of related work experience (retail or service industry preferred)
- Demonstrated research, project management, financial modeling, problem solving, analytical and valuation skills;
- Ability to systematically manage a challenging workload independently and meet deadlines;
- Current technology skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel skills, Google sheets & pivot tables;
- Financial acumen and demonstrated ability to identify risk;
- Awareness of economic conditions and indicators;
- Professional, friendly and courteous demeanor;
- A degree, designation or certification in a related field is preferred
This is a full-time position based out of Smiths Falls or Kanata, Ontario.
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. All resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.