The South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority (TransLink) is one of Canada’s most innovative transportation authorities, founded in 1999 to plan and manage transportation within Metro Vancouver. We’ve achieved success not only in improving the transportation network of the region, but helping maintain the enviable lifestyle of residents and the viability of local businesses. TransLink and our family of companies (Coast Mountain Bus Company, B.C. Rapid Transit Company and Transit Police) are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers.
Provides financial and business advice to assigned clients by reviewing and analyzing departmental and corporate historical and statistical, cost and revenue information; assesses operational performance and assists clients in preparing their assigned operating and capital budgets. Develops various financial reports in order to support the business units achieve their enterprise objectives.
- Provides consolidated financial data and related resources for the development and reporting of annual operating budget, capital program, 10-Year Investment Plan and quarterly forecasts; identifies opportunities to enhance financial outlooks, and other financial analysis tasks and projects.
- Advises department / project managers on financial issues and assumptions that will impact budget and capital requirements; develops detailed budget instructions; provides guidance and direction to relevant staff members on operating and capital related matters.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance financial outlooks, other tasks and projects; forecasts and plans resources for complex projects or initiatives and prepares various monthly reports and executive dashboards to assist in insightful decision making. Develops various reports such as those related to projects, programs and other corporate financial reports in order to support the business units achieve their enterprise objectives.
- Works closely with business units / Project Managers on their submitted financial information and other data ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with corporate guidelines and determining reasons for change from previous year’s budget; provides ongoing support to the units by responding to their financial data requests and addresses any related matters.
- Analyzes financial impacts of opportunities for improving efficiencies; creates financial models to analyze and track key business drivers and initiatives and prepares recommendations to relevant managers; reviews and analyzes financial and performance metric variances against historic trends, strategic plan, budget and forecast to develop business cases for process improvements.
- Prepares executive briefing material; assists in preparing drafts for the annual operating budget, quarterly forecasts, and capital reports to the Board; participates in special projects, including providing financial analysis services to various project teams.
Education and Experience:
The competencies for this position is acquired through a university degree in business administration or commerce along with a Professional Accountant designation (CA, CPA or CMA), combined with 5 years progressive experience in accounting, capital projects and financial planning in a large preferably unionized organization.
Intermediate to advanced analytical and financial modeling skills using Excel and other modeling tools (Longview, etc.)
Sound business acumen and experience with developing or reviewing business cases with strong presentation skills
General understanding of project management practices (Gantt charts, work breakdown structures, project governance)
Working knowledge of PSAB accounting standards and preferably general understanding of TransLink’s governance legislation
Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
Solid time management skills with ability to multitask during tight project deadlines
An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
37.5 hours per week
Rate of Pay
Salary starting at $76,228 per annum
How to Apply
Please click the 'Apply' button at the top right corner
of the page or go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
05 February 2020
Open until filled
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email us at jobs@TransLink.ca.