REPORTING: IS RESPONSIBLE TO AND REPORTS DIRECTLY TO THE OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
FUNCTION: TO PROVIDE DIRECT SUPPORT TO THE CLIENTELE OF SHELTER HOUSE AND THE COMMUNITY
A. CLIENT SUPPORT SERVICES
1. Receive and admit clients according to designated intake procedures
2. Maintain an effective communication tool and record of client activities to ensure effective service delivery by documenting information/observations/impressions which may affect a client’s case plan.
3. Assess and assist with client personal needs e.g. hygiene, nutrition, medical, and/or emotional.
4. Support a harm reduction model in the community.
5. Communicate effectively with clients including active listening and problem-solving around barriers and /or recommendation to appropriate community resources to address client needs.
6. Monitor client activities and provide effective intervention in crisis situations.
7. Work cooperatively and effectively with other staff, volunteers, & clients.
8. Prepare and serve meals as required.
9. Support the community through the unbiased distribution of a variety of materials such as sandwiches, water and drug kits.
B. BUILDING MAINTENANCE
1. Clean all areas as assigned on a regular basis.
2. Assist with inventory control as delegated by Operations Supervisor.
3. Report any necessary maintenance to the Operations Supervisor.
4. Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Supervisor.
C. VOLUNTEER / DONATION SUPPORT
1. Provide assistance to volunteers, as required.
2. Accept all donations in an appropriate manner.
3. Maintain accurate records of all donations.
D. HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Report all health and safety concerns to an Operations Supervisor or a representative of the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee.
2. Take every reasonable precaution to ensure the safety and well-being of clients.
3. Work in a healthy and safe manner.
E. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Available to work scheduled shifts which may include:
a. Day: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
b. Evening: 3:30 pm - 11:30 pm
c. Midnight: 11:30 pm - 7:30 am
2. Must be willing to undertake regular training and attend staff meetings.
1. A diploma, degree or certificate in a related field such as Addictions Counselling,
Personal Support Worker, Social Work, Police Foundations, Aboriginal Canadian
Relations, and Aboriginal Community Advocacy or equivalent combination of education
and/or experience is preferred.
2. Strong communication skills specifically in conflict resolution and nonviolent crisis
3. Previous experience working in a shelter environment is preferred.
4. Previous experience with life skills such as cooking and cleaning is desirable.
5. Knowledge of harm reduction, community service agencies and the homeless
population are assets.
6. Demonstrated ability to use sound judgement, perform job duties with minimal
supervision and problem solve.
7. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with
residents, staff, community agencies and the public.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $16.78 /hour