The Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining, processing and coordinating various HR administrative duties, with a focus on payroll processing. This role works closely with the Human Resources Team and all levels of the organization to ensure that day-to-day administrative duties are completed in timely manner. Beyond payroll responsibilities, you will also be involved in employee relations, reporting, benefits/pension plans, employee engagement and training.
Your job in a nutshell:
Payroll and Reporting
- Manages ADP Workforce Now HRIS system;
- Responsible for reviewing, coordinating, and approving time cards for all contract employees;
- Maintains all records and files for all employees including payroll records, health insurance, pension remittances, discipline measures and attendance;
- Responsible for ensuring that Weekly Hours Reports and Schedule are up to date;
- Responsible for Maintaining the filing system
- Coordinates and administers employee group health insurance benefits
- Responsible for conducting the Pension Orientation
- Works alongside the payroll specialist regarding overseeing benefits deductions and additions to the company’s payroll system;
- Plans and conducts employee presentations and information sessions
- Responsible for the boot, safety glasses, and gym membership programs – this includes entering deductions/additional payments into ADP in a timely manner;
- Will become the Champion of the new Recognition Program
Training and Development
- Organizes and implements training programs for internal and external programs company wide;
- Books and schedules training (internal/external) as required;
- Maintains training records through matrix, ADP Talent Profile in accordance with the company’s policies and QMS Management System;
- Manages apprenticeship programs and grant funds;
- Researches and develop jobs descriptions;
- Liaises and works with other departments and/or all levels in the organization.
- Responsible in planning and developing employee activities, functions and plant committee meetings;
- Ensures that all communication boards are up to date with legislative changes, announcements, job postings, messages form the President, etc;
- Responsible for coordinating, collecting and reporting on employee satisfaction survey;
- Assists in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback;
- Will sit as an HR Chair on the Plant Committee;
- Responsible for responding to internal/external HR related inquiries and questions;
- Advises employees on human resource policies, compensation, benefits and pension programs
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events etc. and maintain the team’s agenda.
- This role will be required to cover the reception switchboard, one day a week, or when needed, on a rotating schedule.
About you, simply stated.
You are an HR/ payroll guru with a strong sense of urgency, a keen eye for details, with enviable organizational skills. You will have a minimum 3 years of HR and payroll experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Human Resource Management Certification required;
- Minimum 3 Years working in Human Resources and Payroll;
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment;
- Above Average knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Strong communication and customer service skills;
- Must have a strong sense of urgency
- Must have a strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)