Rosenau Transport Ltd is currently hiring!
Rosenau Transport Ltd is currently seeking a full time Assistant Controller with 3- 5 years’ professional experience in Assistant Controller or Senior Accountant position. This position is located in our Edmonton Corporate Office and will report to the Controller.
- Comparing financial performance of operations with operating plans and standards; reporting and interpreting the financial results from operations, reporting significant trends and variations, and contributing toward the formulation of future policies and strategies which will enhance overall corporate profitability and operating efficiency.
- Performing as a supporting position which can effectively perform all activities essential to the Controller function including budgeting, purchasing, and reporting.
- Oversee all aspects of the accounts receivable system within the company. The functions include: application of deposits, imaging of probills, reception, adjustments, customer billing.
- Stay abreast of office related practices, trends, regulatory activities, and competitive or economic changes which may affect the ability of the accounts receivable team to meet company objectives.
- Assure the proper maintenance of control systems to safeguard corporate assets and to effectively monitor operations.
- Integrate and coordinate accounting functions and systems to achieve maximum operating efficiency and effectiveness.
- In conjunction with the Controller, investigate opportunities for improving or further automating existing accounting, budgeting and reporting systems
- Provide information to governmental agencies as required.
- Complete and file all forms for Federal, Provincial and local regulatory and taxing agencies.
- Reconcile operating accounts and maintain capital assets schedules
- Ensure all processing and data entry done by other departments is posted to the correct reporting period.
- Prepare and run weekly and month end billing, including proper month end procedures, reports and ledger closings.
- Monthly balancing of control accounts, including required month end procedures, reports and ledger closings.
- Prepare and post journal entries as necessary to ensure accurate posting to all accounts and ledgers.
- Maintain schedule of all capital and operating leases, including balancing monthly and arranging buyout documents and payments as required.
- Reconcile all bank accounts as statements are received, but no less frequently than monthly.
- Maintain and update copies of transactions as required for annual review by outside accounting firm.
- Observe all company rules, policies and procedures with regards to quality control, Occupational Health and Safety, etc.
- Perform sundry duties as assigned by the Controller.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ideal candidate will have Transportation/Logistics/Warehouse Industry experience;
- Candidate must hold professional accounting designation;
- Finance/Accounting Degree;
- 3 - 5 years Assistant Controller/Intermediate Accountant experience;
- Full cycle accounting;Inter-departmental, year-end; budget experience;
- Strong analytical and business acumen focus;
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office/Excel experience
- AS400; or similar In-house ERP experience required
Come and join an energetic company with a great future! Help us build an exciting team ! This is a career growth opportunity where motivated self-starters will find opportunities to demonstrate their capabilities.
- Competitive wages
- Paid training
- Benefits after three months
- RRSP contributions after one year of service
- An excellent work environment
Job Type: Full-time
Requisition # 2019.117; Assistant Controller
Submit your resume and cover letter outlining your work experience related to this role along with your salary expectations.
Apply today: Quote Job #2019.117 and the position online today or by email attn: Human Resources Manager.
** Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted
*Preference for local candidates only, as there is no relocation assistance provided for this role. This role does not qualify for an LMO under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
All Employees are required to comply with all company and regulatory safety requirements. Each employee is responsible for their personal safety.
Job Type: Full-time
- Senior Accountant: 3 years (Required)
- Full Cycle Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Assistant Controller: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- CPA/CMA (Required)