The Industrial Millwright is responsible for safely installing and maintaining machinery and supporting structures according to manufacturer’s specifications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Safely use hand and power tools, as well as, safely install machinery, supporting equipment and structures on all machinery and equipment. The Millwright will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of machine set up and programming controls.
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Must be familiar with and be able to perform the erection of scaffolds, simple rigging to erect or dismantle machines. Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other necessary hand tools.
- Move machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks.
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, levels and plumb line.
- Test reassembled equipment and make necessary adjustments or repairs as required. This would include a wide variety of machining processing/production systems.
- Rebuild mechanical equipment required for operations and on all other plant machinery and equipment as required.
- Repairs or replaces parts, tooling changes.
- Carry out the preventative and predictive maintenance program and all necessary documentation.
- Track and document monthly PM reports and daily work orders in a timely fashion, identify equipment breakdown causes and minimize equipment downtime.
- Work with or without an electrical technician to troubleshoot equipment.
- Use equipment, materials and machinery only as authorized, and operate equipment in a manner that does not endanger themselves or other workers.
- Communicate and work effectively with work-team members and other members of the company
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please contact 905-544-1997 or email us through our website at http://www.orlick.on.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00 to $34.00 /hour
- Industrial Mechanic: 4 years (Preferred)