Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport, we help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to our Holiday Inn® family.
The Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport, located in Richmond, BC (10720 Cambie Rd), is looking for a positive, service-orientated, energetic and self-motivated Guest Services Managerto join our busy and professional team.
We’ll reward all of your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a medical/dental/vision plan, hotel and restaurant discounts and a company matching RRSP.
This is a hands-on Management position that assists the General Manager with the daily operations of the hotel according to our Ownership Team and our Brand standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead and influence others.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous, and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk.
- Ensure that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired results.
- Empower employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train new associates.
- Have knowledge and understanding of all department policies and procedures, and communicate and enforce all policies fairly and consistently with staff.
- Improve service by communicating and assisting staff to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching (including discipline) when needed.
- Serve as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represents property management in resolving any guest related situation.
- Perform Front Desk duties in high demand times.
- Manage inventory in the property management system.
- Respond to and handle guest problems and complaints.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
- Understand and able to implement all emergency plans.
- Manage payroll administration as well as staff scheduling, accounts payable and receivable.
- Works with the hotel General Manager to achieve and exceed guest satisfaction scores in all areas of the hotel.
- Two years in a supervisory/managerial role within the hospitality industry
- An asset to have IHG Brand experience
- Preference given to those with an education in Hotel Management
- Previous experience with Opera PMS and Microsoft Office applications
- Effectively demonstrate multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities
- Must be able to clearly understand, speak, read, and write the English language
- Available to work varied shifts and have a flexible schedule
- Valid full Class 5 Driver's License
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Supervising: 2 years (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 2 years (Preferred)