Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us.
The Risk Management Collection Strategies (RMCS) team is responsible for the development and execution of risk strategies and initiatives that assist the Collections and Recovery function in mitigating credit losses while assisting customers that are experiencing financial hardship.
As a risk analyst, you will partner with the collections and dialer operations to be accountable for collection strategies on Develop risk ranking criteria for delinquent accounts that identify an account's value-at-risk.
Develop risk ranking criteria for delinquent accounts that identify an account's value-at-risk.
Develop, implement, maintain and monitor automated decision strategies that assess delinquent intake and drive contact channel and timing.
Develop, implement, maintain and monitor strategies that determine when and how to exercise the right-of-offset on customers who are in arrears on their payments.
Work with stakeholders to align operational effort with value-at-risk by establishing risk based dialing, risk based queuing and skip tracing requirements.
Design champion/challenger strategies that enable ongoing learning and continuous improvement.
Adhoc and deep dive analysis to identify portfolio trends contributing to risk and business results.
Act as the second line of defense for Customer Assistance (TD's collections and recovery department).
Implement changes to workflow and decision rules via configuration in Decision Strategy Workflow (DSW) tool.
Continuously improve early stage collections by advocating and supporting the development of more effective collections scores, identifying predictive data elements, effecting new analytical\\\\optimization techniques, incorporating new contact\\\\payment channels and simplifying processes for customers and colleagues.
Collaborate with all stakeholders including Technology, Credit Policy, Reporting team, Model Development, TDBG Risk, Product groups and external vendors.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including a strong competency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills are required to interpret data and draw conclusions.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Extremely strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain productive business / peer relationships, including superior communication, inter-personal, and influencing skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams, including occasionally managing cross functional or special project teams.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic and results-oriented and be committed to adding value to the organization.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a range of tasks and issues simultaneously to a positive outcome and in a timely manner.
- Participate fully as a team member, promote team effectiveness and contribute to a positive work environment.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- University or College degree (Business / Finance / Math or suitable equivalent) and / or relevant work experience.
- Experience with the use of Relational Databases and the process of Extract Transform Load (ETL) using common languages such as SQL or SAS.
- Working knowledge of SAS Enterprise Miner or Angoss Knowledge Seeker.
- Experience developing and presenting recommendations to senior management.
- Experience in data modeling and risk management either from a business administration, statistical, mathematical, scientific, or financial background.
Flexible Work Options:
Flexible Time, Flexible Place
The hiring manager has indicated that they would consider the above Flexible Work Options for this position. If you are interested in considering these options, you should discuss them at the interview. Details on the programs can be found at:
Human Resources > Workplace Programs > Flexible Work Options
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job FamilyCredit Risk Management
Job Category - Primary
Job Category(s)Risk Management
Work LocationCity Centre Tower A - 275 Dundas Street, TD Centre - North - 77 King Street West