Distribution & Logistics
Part Time or Full Time:
British Columbia (CA-BC)
0026 Surrey RSC
Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Dispatcher is responsible for daily load building functions, dispatching of company drivers and liaising with third party carriers.
The Dispatcher is responsible for daily load building functions, dispatching of company drivers and liaising with third party carriers. Other duties include compiling KPI, analytics and report data, planning and reacting to daily challenges.
Key Business Functions, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage Third Party (Brokers) to ensure company standard requirements and policies are being adhered to
- Build out bound loads to corporate and wholesale stores using our transportation management software
- Dispatch company drivers to facilitate the daily corporate and wholesale store deliveries
- Liaise with 3rd party carriers where applicable to ensure timely deliveries to corporate and wholesale customers and facilitating any inbound pickup requirements
- create, plan and facilitate the daily vendor pick up planning for inbound pickup shipments
- compile and enter data to facilitate KPI and analytic reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must exhibit methodical work habits
- Must be conscientious and able to attain all pre-set work deadlines
- Educational and Working Experience:
- Two or more years related experience
- RSC environment
- May be required to lift up to 88 lbs
- Physical work including frequent bending, lifting, and reaching
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Various shifts including evenings and weekends. Anticipated start time between 3:00am - 5:00am.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.