Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking an Inventory Supervisor – Flex Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Mississauga, Ontario, Canada location.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Inventory Supervisor, will help manage inventory to meet business unit profit plans and on-time delivery commitments across a multi divisional Distribution Centre. The responsibilities will also include: analysis of data to prepare reports and present recommendations on continual improvement, inventory quantities and locations, excess and obsolete inventory, slow or non-moving parts as well as review of safety stock. This position will work closely with supply chain and plant personnel to assure correct inventory is available and optimally located. This position will also cross train for back up utilization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
Develop, implement and monitor key inventory functions to assure completion of accounts in an accurate and timely manner and identify root cause and solutions.
Establish robust inventory control techniques to reduce inaccurate transactions, deficiencies, cycle count issues and manage part location.
Working with DC supervisors to develop slotting strategies
Research and develop corrective action plans to address inventory deviations, discrepancies, transaction and location issues.
Monitor and report excess, obsolete, slow and non-moving inventory for management review.
Develop and analyze processes and procedures to include:
Inventory levels, age, status and variances.
Review and research inventory deviations, correct count discrepancies, location issues and incomplete pick review and disposition.
Develop and train hourly and salary personnel in regard to inventory counts and transactions.
Assist with annual physical inventory administration and evaluation.
Support the Eaton Business System and assist with Lean, Pull and Continuous Flow.
Comply with all safety requirements including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
Clearly communicates and presents ideas, concepts and processes to supply chain management (SCM) personnel and groups
Collaborates with others to achieve the greatest outcomes in support of SCM strategic goals and initiatives .
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- College Diploma from an accredited institution combined with three years of experience in logistics or supply chain or 10 years equivalent work experience in logistics or supply chain
- SAP experience required
- No relocation is being provided. Candidates only within a 80 kilometer radius of the Mississauga facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Possesses knowledge and experience in successfully deploying purchasing strategies, stocking methodologies (VMI, Min-max, Kanban, Schedules, etc.), and driving cost-out
- Have knowledge of The Workers’ Compensation Act, The Occupational health and Safety Act and the Ontario Human Rights’Act
- Relevant computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, WMS software)
- Warehouse experience
- Strong process orientation, analytical and planning ability.
- Strong leadership & interpersonal skills to effectively achieve results in team-based environment
- Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, operations and supply chain personnel
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, project management and facilitation skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams
- Strong time management skills that require little supervision
- Strong financial acumen
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Lighting Business to Signify N.V. This transaction is expected to be completed in the first Quarter of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Lighting Business and would transfer to Signify N.V. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when the transaction closes, you will be eligible to participate in Signify N.V.’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that Signify N.V’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Supply Chain / Logistics
North America – Canada
EPG LD Lighting Division
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: