Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices. Canada is home to 10 of these facilities and includes over 5500 stakeholders.
Position Purpose & Summary
Cargill Limited – Calgary Facility has an opportunity available for an Operations Supervisor in our Case Ready facility. The successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager and will be accountable to lead a portion of the process for the operations of Case Ready facility by ensuring and building a world class culture around Operational Excellence and the core impact areas: Safety, Food Safety, Operational Effectiveness and Talent Management. You will assist in planning and executing physical operations on a daily basis to ensure that Cargill standards, Operational Excellence Scorecard Factors, and customer needs are met.
30% Oversee day-to-day operation of assigned area(s) to achieve production throughput requirements; including workflow, job assignments, etc.
20% Oversee the progress of new or transferred employees and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, including safety, food safety, etc.
10% Daily Engagement of production employees through communication, recognition, development and coaching, etc…
10% Manage expenses (labor and operating) and production processes to meet operating efficiency targets.
15% Manage safety culture through training and observations.
10% Monitor product outcomes, quantity and quality. Ensure customer and food safety specifications are met.
5% Review production indices to identify areas of improvement and innovation.
- Minimal travel for training or plant and customer visits
- Work in a cold environment and stand on concrete most of your day
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in a manufacturing/production or food processing environment
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce
- Comprehensive knowledge of plant operations sufficient to guide and train employees
- Basic knowledge of safe food handling practices
- Basic knowledge of employee safety practices
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply & divide, etc…)
- Ability to present and verbally communicate in front of a group of employees
- Communication skills (able to read, write and speak English)
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Four-year college degree
- Experience in a food processing environment
- Experience in protein manufacturing or working with meat (butcher background, etc.).
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Primary Location Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job