Established in 1955, Meyers Farms is Niagara-on-the-Lake's premiere choice for quality flowers and fresh fruit. With an established/modern greenhouse facility and accompanying farms, as well as our own fleet of trucks, we have grown steadily through hard work, a commitment to quality, and the fostering of our horticultural and agricultural expertise.
We are looking for a full-time Logistics Coordinator (maternity leave contract)
The successful candidate must be motivated, enthusiastic, and a self-starter who can work both independently and in a team environment. They will be very organized and can multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines with accuracy. Knowledge of the greenhouse industry and logistics would be beneficial.
Reporting to Logistics Manager, key duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Prepare and process required shipping documents including commercial invoices, bills of lading and/or import/export documents according to customs regulations, laws and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain all related documentation: compliance, safety, maintenance, etc.
- Supporting the Logistics Manager in the creation, coordination of logistics from both internal and external carriers, and scheduling of the Meyers fleet of vehicles and drivers and outside carriers.
- Work closely with the Logistics Manager in maintaining relationships with outside carriers and when necessary:
- Sourcing and obtaining price quotations for specific loads
- Calculating and verifying costs and charges of invoices to appropriate accounts
- Contacting carriers to schedule deliveries, and resolve shortages, missed deliveries, and other problems
- Providing coordination and communication with the Meyers’ sales, purchasing, and production teams to ensure successful product delivery
- Track and create reports to monitor related processes and identify deficits as well as trends.
- Back up: become versed in other administrative duties to cover for employees during days off for holidays, vacations, or sick days.
- Willing to help in production and/or warehouse if/when required
Qualifications and Key Competencies
- Post secondary diploma or degree, preferably in Office or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in an administrative function providing direct support to multiple individuals.
- Greenhouse or logistics experience, an asset.
- Developed numeracy skills, detail orientation and self-review.
- Organizational, time management and problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Internet applications, and specifically in Microsoft Office Excel.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Superior communication, negotiation and customer service skills.
- Flexibility and initiative to undertake various duties and roles.
- Ability to operate the tow motor and pullers with training is an asset
This is a full-time contract position for a maternity leave. If you share these qualities of excellence, we would like to hear from you please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the “APPLY NOW”below!
We thank all of those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We promote equal employment opportunities for all job applicants. At Meyers, we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- administrative: 1 year (Required)
- logistics: 1 year (Preferred)