Imagine working in a place where talented people come together and share an unrelenting passion. Whether we’re providing solutions for a single site or serving a multi-facility organization, we take pride in every aspect of our work. No job is too big. No detail is too small. We’re more than an industry-leading provider; we’re an industry-leading team. Join us.
Why work with Eurest Services? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice, and Support-services Company. We provide a broad range of food and facility support services in either a single, bundled or integrated service-delivery platform. Our areas of expertise include facilities management, building operation and maintenance, business and office services, customer service center, janitorial services, logistics and transportation, security services, project management, and outdoor services.
Responsibilities and Duties
Now, if you were to come on board as a Corporate Event Server, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Commitment to support and enforce Service Excellence.
- A pleasant, calm and friendly manner; a good memory; initiative; exhibit innovation, creativity, and flexibility; and foremost, a winning attitude.
- Able to work as a team as well as an individual.
- Able to work well 'on the fly' and take direction from supervisor team as it comes.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak, read and write fluent English.
- Ability to anticipate, eliminate and defuse any service issues and problematical situations.
- Ability to review function sheets and set-up for as well as execute the events according to outlined requests (i.e. room set-ups of tables, chairs, linens, silverware, etc).
- Will attend the function-briefing meetings in order to be prepared for all daily service needs.
- Will be able to handle trays and plates efficiently.
- Will know the correct bussing techniques and the preparation and maintenance of BOH areas, FOH areas and bussing stations assigned to them.
- Will be able to follow the sequences and timing of service.
- Will be proficient in the maintenance of buffet tables and dining tables.
- Will clean up function rooms, complete closing duties, and prepare for next day service.
- Will advise the supervisor before leaving the floor for any reason. Breaks will differ depending on peak periods of business and the number of other staff members on duty per shift.
- Will adhere to the guidelines of conduct as set out in the rules and regulations of the Employee Handbook and Employee Safety Manual.
- Provide a professional attitude and proper uniform when on-site.
- Perform any all other duties as requested by the managers.
Qualifications and Skills
Think you have what it takes? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role. You have:
- Min of 1 year of Event Server experience
- Ideally a min of 2 years of food & beverage service experience.
- Catering / Event / Conference service experience a bonus!
- Smart Server certification required.
- Able to communicate effectively and must possess strong customer service skills.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, problem-solving and completing multiple tasks with priority and deadline.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.50 to $18.00 /hour
- server: 2 years (Preferred)