An exciting opportunity is waiting for you at the industry’s leading Environmental Contract Services provider of Construction Dewatering, Bypass Pumping and Water Treatment solutions.
Aquatech is looking to add new staff members, to support our growth and to start training to become our future leaders. The position is a great opportunity for candidates with a strong technical background and work ethic, looking to start a career in the environmental services sector of the construction industry. We offer very competitive salary and benefit programs, technical training and a wide array of experience in a variety of industry sectors.
The Jr Estimator/Coordinator is a member of the Contract Dewatering Team who will use their sound engineering background and organizational skills, to deliver support resources to our Project Managers. This role includes reviewing tender documents, quantity take-off, obtaining vendor pricing, preparing of contract packages, order processing and coordination with various suppliers and internal departments on active contracts.
- Track all tender opportunities, update daily in CRM
- Assist Project Managers in bidding on project and tender opportunities
- Review tender documents, drawings and geotechnical reports to perform assessment and quantity take-off
- Assist with obtaining pricing from vendors, check on inventory availability
- Create and organize project/contract packages for operations staff
- Assist Project Manager with addressing customer requirements, permit and compliance requirements, order processing and alike.
- Support team in communicating and ensuring we meet all performance, schedule, compliance and budget requirements
- Act in compliance with Aquatech’s Health and Safety and Environmental Management Policies
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in mechanical or civil engineering or related experience an asset.
- Preferably 2 plus years experience in estimating
- Experience in monitoring instrumentation, controls and automation is an asset
- Experience in water treatment is an asset
- Very organized, heightened attention to detail, and punctual to deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Strong on Excel) and AutoCad would be an asset
- Sporadic exposure to outdoor weather, shop and job site conditions
- Valid Ontario G Drivers License and clean abstract.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Geotechnical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Coordination: 1 year (Preferred)