CFTS - Chief Engineer
Permanent Location: Southport, Manitoba
A career with Canadian Helicopters offers the opportunity to participate in activities across Canada in
support of infrastructure maintenance, aerial construction, forest monitoring and forest fire control,
emergency medical services, rail transport support, mining exploration, oil operations support, search and
rescue missions, research and preservation of the environment and geophysical surveying.
Reporting to the Vice President and Director of Maintenance, the CFTS Chief Engineer is responsible for
performing aircraft maintenance, crew resource organizing, housekeeping of the hangar facility and
promoting and developing team and company synergies with both internal and external stakeholders. As
the CHL on-site representative ensure the CHL AMO is compliant with the FTU maintenance agreement.
This includes but is not limited to ensuring compliance with the KF Aerospace Defence Programs MCPM,
provide aircraft status updates to KF Aerospace Defence Programs, provide oversight to the shared Stores
department, liaise with the KF Aerospace Defence programs planner, as the rotary wing SME review
applicable ADs and SBs using KF Aerospace’s Q-pulse system.
- Shall be holder of a valid Transport Canada M1 and/or M2 rated AME license;
- Shall hold or have previously held Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA) on the Bell 206 and/or Bell
212 and/or Bell 412 for at least five (5) years;
- Shall possess excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills and be proficient with
- Previous experience on multi-engine IFR aircraft in a military environment would be considered an
Interested candidates must also:
- Be customer focused and a team player;
- Have good communication skills and a positive attitude;
- Be able to obtain access to controlled goods approval.
For any questions regarding this position, please contact the Human Resources Team. Moreover, interested
candidates are asked to send their resume by email to the following address:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the job posting title in your email subject.
Canadian Helicopters Limited is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from women,
Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.