Mini Donut Express Inc. offers fresh mini donuts across Canada from their base in Metcalfe Ontario.
The majority of employees work in production/shipping, and we are actively seeking a bookkeeper/Office Administrator to add value to our Management/Administrative centre.
As a rapidly growing company in the Ottawa area, we are looking to hire an individual who can take responsibility for full cycle bookkeeping for the organization as well as provide administrative support to senior management.
Key Responsibilities of the Bookkeeper/ Office Administrator Duties
· Processing accounts payable including the review of invoices for accuracy and matching with receipts prior to payment.
· Preparation of bi-weekly payroll including ensuring that hours worked by staff are properly reflected in all payrolls generated
· Reconciliation of revenue and deposits to the bank account
· Tracking tax remittance to various agencies, including HST, EHT, and other statutory payments related to the business
· Monthly or quarterly reconciliations of key financial statements accounts
· Managing accurate reflection in payroll of all perquisites
· Processing accounts receivable, including staff receivables, on a regular basis. Preparation of customer billings when required.
· Assist the accountant with year end financial statements and funding submissions
· Supporting the inventory and purchasing team with daily operations, including but not limited to inventory, billing discrepancies, and credit card purchases and issues
· Support the accountant in process improvement initiatives as required. This could include the introduction of new systems or process automation as well as the update of policies and procedures.
· Support the organization in the expansion of the current facility. This would include additional capital purchases and working with billings from contractors to ensure that the billing matches work that is completed
· Other duties related to finance and operations
- Assisting the VP Sales in building client files during the onboarding process
- Assist the President in administrative duties including correspondence, meetings, filing etc
- Follow up on internal deadlines
- Greet clients in a hospitable manner and able to handle client complexities
- Assist the accountant with financial duties
- Maintaining office common areas
- Monitoring and ordering of all office equipment and supplies
- Scan and photocopy documents as required
- Completion of related post-secondary education is an asset
- 1-2 years’ bookkeeping experience
- 1-2 years’ payroll experience
- Must be proficient in QuickBooks Online
- Previous experience related to Microsoft Dynamics considered an asset
- Administrative experience is an asset
- Comfortable speaking with clients
- Strong computer literacy and grammar skills including effective working skills of Microsoft Office or related programs
- Comfortable in a manufacturing environment
- Attention to detail and strong ability to prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, hardworking, and proactive
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to provide high levels of customer service
Expected Start Date: 2021-08-09
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38,500.00-$40,000.00 per year
- QuickBooks: 1 year (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)