The Piikani Travel Centre is a newly developed Centex Petroleum Gas Station and Store, located in Brocket, AB. This development will service the nearby area and provide significant economic development opportunity for the Piikani nation.
Reporting to the Chief and Council, the Piikani Travel Centre (Gas Station and Store) Manager oversees all areas of day-to-day operations such as inventory ordering, maintaining the store image, customer service and the supervision of two assistant store managers and sales staff. The Manager will monitor all controllable expenses and keep them within their assigned budget. They must determine stock needs, interact positively with vendors and customers, monitor receiving goods, maintain store inventory, and minimize waste and shortages. It is their main clerical accounting duty to reconcile all proceeds from the sale of gasoline and convenience store merchandise on a daily basis. The Travel Centre Manager is responsible for ensuring the store adheres to brand policies and procedures, as well as increase sales.
- Plan, oversee and evaluate the operations of The Piikani Travel Centre (Gas station and the retail store).
- Ensure established work practice and procedures are followed and develop new ones when needed.
- Determine merchandise to be sold, and implement price and credit policies.
- Maintain specified inventory and purchase merchandise; place weekly/semi-monthly/monthly orders of purchasing from all vendors.
- Maintain records of inventory, repairs, sales and wastages.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to grow store sales performance.
- Plan budgets and authorize expenditures.
- Maintain high customer service environment and resolve customer complaints.
- Determine staffing requirements and hire or oversee hiring of staff.
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of the staff.
- Track hours worked and oversee payroll.
- Train new and current staff on job duties, safety, and sanitation procedures.
- Prepare reports on sales, purchasing, inventory, voids, discounts, etc.
- Manage receivables from all Charge Accounts and conduct Daily Reconciliation reports.
- Make Bank deposits at least twice a week or as needed.
- Oversee Assistant Managers and staff to count inventory, at least quarterly.
- Reconcile the weekly amounts received from AITE.
- Provide purchases, sales, payroll hours and any other invoices to accountant.
- Gas Station Manager: 2 years
- Inventory Management: 2 years
- Customer Service: 5 years
- High School Completion or Higher
- Clean Drivers Record
- Strong supervisory skills, inventory management, and financial tracking.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- Understanding of Indian status tax exemption on fuel sales.
- Good communicator and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Responsible and takes ownership.
Job Type: Full-time, 3 years contract. Salaried, overtime exempt.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $72,000.00-$96,000.00 per year
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Gas Station: 2 years (Required)
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)