We are a dynamic clinic looking for a compassionate and dedicated LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE to join our team!
This is an excellent opportunity for a friendly, organized and detail-oriented Licensed Practical Nurse to join our team oriented, collaborative and interdisciplinary staff. We are looking for a professional who is a team-player with excellent interpersonal skills, works well under pressure and is able to balance and successfully prioritize multiple duties. We value a candidate who is committed to patient safety, risk management and infection control.
The role of the Licensed Practical Nurse requires collaborative relationships with colleagues and patients, and this candidate will work closely alongside our physicians.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Chaperoning the physicians and assisting them with patient care.
- Cleaning and organizing exam rooms between patients and at the end of each day. Assisting in cleaning the Procedure Room and Recovery Room daily. SantiMed is also a non-hospital surgical facility which mandates very strict standards and guidelines that must be met.
- Respecting and maintaining privacy and dignity of patients; assuring patient confidentiality at all times.
- Answering patients’ questions and concerns, interacting in a supportive and informative manner.
- Updating and maintaining patient charts; Accessing Alberta Netcare and the Clinic EMR
- Maintaining sufficient stock of office and clinical supplies in examination rooms.
- Completing appropriate medical billing for patients using EMR WOLF software
- Working closely with the Reception staff to ensure that patients are placed in rooms so that patient flow is organized and runs efficiently.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse is also expected to be cross-trained to perform duties of the Clinic Receptionist at times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Registration with the Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta.
- Excellent relationship building and leadership skills.
- Adaptability/flexibility demonstrated by the ability to adjust one’s approach to meet the demands and needs of constantly changing conditions, situations and people and to work effectively in difficult or ambiguous situations.
- An analytical approach to thinking and decision making.
- Proficient in use of WOLF EMR, MS Windows, Excel and database management.
- Experinence in quality assurance and quality improvement.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Criminal Records check for working with vulnerable populations.
- 2 years previous experience in a medical office setting that has been recent
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Warm outgoing personality with excellent communication skills
- Using the AUTOCLAVE sterilization forsurgical instruments a MUST
If you feel that you are qualified for this position please submit your resume and cover letter for review. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match our requirements will be contacted.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Wolf EMR: 1 year (Preferred)
- Autoclave sterilization: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR (Preferred)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- English (Required)