Canada Summer Jobs Position
The Atlantic Publishers Marketing Associationis an industry support organization representing book publishers located in Atlantic Canada. The APMA works towards growing and maintaining a strong Canadian-owned book publishing industry in Atlantic Canada. The APMA coordinates promotional projects such as the Atlantic Books Holiday Gift Guide, the Best Atlantic-Published Book Award, Pitch the Publisher events, and Atlantic Books Today magazine and website. We also provide digital content, monthly newsletters, and run an Atlantic Books Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram account.
Marketing Assistant: The marketing assistant will work as part of the APMA team to contribute to our marketing activities. These activities, which may be adapted because of COVID-19, include (but are not limited to):
· Tracking a marketing campaign to completion and report on results
· Analyzing data compiled from questionnaires and other market research
· Assistance in maintaining our websites, e-marketing, blog, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
· Planning, developing, and tracking a social media campaign
· Assistance with promotional activities
· As we are a small office, in addition to the marketing assistant duties the applicant would also be responsible for performing general office support for daily operations. This will generally include answering phones, taking memos, and sorting, maintaining and distributing print and digital files.
Skills, education, and experience:
· Excellent organization and written and verbal communication skills
· High level of creativity and strategic thinking
· Ability to work in both Mac and PC environments (including: MS Office, Wordpress, Shopify, Google analytics, InDesign, Photoshop)
· Experience in the book publishing industry an asset
· Previous marketing experience an asset
· Proficiency in French an asset
· Education: postsecondary degree in marketing, public relations, or communications (or current student)
The Marketing Assistant will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer. As this is a Canada Summer Jobs program position, the applicant must be:
*As per Canada Summer Jobs guidelines, international students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
APMA encourages applications from indigenous persons and visible minorities. We encourage all qualified persons to apply and self-identify.
35 hours/week* Position duration: 8 weeks
*Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19. We will be able to provide equipment or an equipment stipend.
How to apply: Please forward the following by June 5. The anticipated start date will be in early June. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
· a cover letter and resume
· 2 minute video or short presentation document: this is a chance to be market yourself, be creative, and show us an example of your work! Show us a creative marketing approach, and address any experience managing a website, running advertising campaigns on social media platforms, and/or tracking with Google analytics.
Please note that interviews for this position will take place remotely on a video conference call system
Application deadline: 2020-06-05
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.00 /hour