Founded in 1989, CanWel is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia and trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol CWX, and is Canada’s only fully integrated national distributor in the building materials and related products sector.
CanWel operates multiple treating plants and planing facilities in Canada and the United States, and operates distribution centres coast to coast in all major cities and strategic locations across Canada, and near San Francisco and Los Angeles, California. CanWel distributes a wide range of building materials, lumber, and renovation products. In addition, through its CanWel Fibre division, CanWel operates a vertically-integrated forest products company based in Western Canada, operating from British Columbia to Saskatchewan, also servicing the US Pacific Northwest. CanWel owns approximately 136,000 acres of private timberlands, strategic Crown licenses and tenures, log harvesting and trucking operations, several post and pole peeling facilities, and two pressure-treated specialty wood production plants.
As the subject matter expert for engineered wood products, the EWP Regional Manager is the key product knowledge resource for internal staff, and the supporter and promoter of National EWP directives.
Reporting to the General Manager – BC and Alberta, the EWP Regional Manager, Western Canada works in collaboration with Branch Managers, Sales Managers, and Sales Specialists.
- Coach CanWel Account Managers and EWP Sales Specialists in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- Coordinate EWP product knowledge training for CanWel sales staff.
- Determine our customers’ needs, drive our EWP business, and explore new opportunities.
- Promote the services and value added program of EWP strategies, such as growth and launching of laminated strand lumber (LSL).
- Assist with key account presentations and help strengthen relationship with key accounts in the territory.
- In coordination with the Product Management group, work in collaboration with key vendors (LP/USP /Norbord) specifically on driving of sales.
- Maintain an effective communication loop between suppliers and the customer regarding changes, opportunities, or developments in product lines.
- Support and promote the directions of the National Design Office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Previous outside sales experience required in the business - to- business market.
- Excellent presentation skills as well as excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong experience building relationships with and selling to senior level managers, owners, contract sellers and buying decision makers.
- Comfortable with and proven success with customer visits.
- Understand the sale process; comfortable with call planning and reporting.
- Understand the activities that are revenue generating and non-revenue generating.
- Have met or exceeded sales targets.
- Strong negotiation, problem-solving and deal structuring skills.
- Maintain positive and enthusiastic attitude even in adverse situations.
- Knowledge and experience with engineered wood products.
- Building industry or trade experience is preferred.
- High level understanding of construction and building methods is preferred.
- Good computer skills, and proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Aptitude for numerical calculations
- Excellent English communication skills at a capacity to influence sales, in person and over the phone, with customers at various levels.
- Write emails, letters, and sale documents in a professional manner.
- Valid Canadian driver’s license with a clean driving record. Maintaining a clean driving record is a condition of employment.
- High school diploma is a minimum requirement.
- Formal sales training is required.
- Post-secondary education in business or building industry is preferred.
- Base salary and annual incentive plan
- Group pension plan
- Health benefits
- Either Langley or Edmonton
- Time spent will be 70-80 % in the territory and the balance at home location.
CanWel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: CAN-BC-LAN-073-220720
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care