The Assistant Store Manager (including Nursery) is self-motivated and results driven individual who will direct and manage our organizations nursery retail activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies. The Assistant Store Manager (including Nursery) will provide leadership for the retail operations of the Garden Gallery. The Assistant Store Manager (including Nursery) with knowledge of all facets of the retail operation will motivate and educate team members. The Assistant Store Manager (including Nursery) will lead by example by providing excellent customer service. The Assistant Store Manager (including Nursery) will be leading a team of diverse individuals in a fast-paced work environment. It is also essential as Assistant Store Manager (including Nursery), to be responsible to understand, and effectively grow the customer relationship, identify new opportunities, and shifts in market demand or business conditions and recommend appropriate action.
Critical Success Factors:
· Achieve financial budgets with pricing strategies by identifying new opportunities of growth.
· Develop and execute the organization’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the executive team.
· Ensure company policies are communicated and that they are followed at all times.
· Assist with managing purchase orders to maintain adequate inventory levels.
· Ensure appropriate inventory levels for all marketing initiatives and the diverse demands of the business.
· Responsible for the set up and maintenance of the Point of Sale.
· Maintain staffing levels consistent with business needs to ensure excellent customer service and fiscal responsibility to the company.
· Delegate responsibilities and manage the work of team members providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
· Assist with recruiting and hiring team members.
· Opening and closing duties of the retail store.
· Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company growth.
· Ensure a positive work environment through training and professional development of team members.
· Further develop and enhance company culture.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent