At BluWave-ai our mission is to deliver innovative AI solutions to accelerate the transformation towards renewable energy. We apply AI to increase the use of clean energy in smart grids and microgrids with distributed energy resources, demand response, and transactive business models.
We are looking for talented people at all levels with entrepreneurial drive to seize on the ground floor opportunities, grow their careers, and make a positive impact for the environment.
Who you are:
- You love doing both web application frontend and backend software and a rare breed that knows how to make a good frontend, and grasp the challenges of backend for efficient data access at scale
- You love to keep on top of the latest and greatest in technology, and are able to be opinionated on which are winners, and which are hype
- You’re a strong believer in Continuous integration, and the DevOps mindset
- You think it is critical to understand of how your software runs on infrastructure in detail, and are experienced in how it should be designed
- You like working in teams, mentoring, and sharing neat things you come across enjoy
Your Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:Required:
- Design, develop, and support all aspects of our product platform, with emphasis on Front-end, and API. Including the areas of: Data Access and Storage, Single Page Web Application Frontend, Fault-tolerance, Scalability, IaaS platforms, Security consciousness
- Work closely with product management, backend, data science, QA, and Support to build and support product
- Analyze, scope, review, and estimate development activities
- Be the subject matter expert of your ownership areas of the product
- Participate in evolving the team’s processes so we’re efficient, and loving what we do
Considered an asset:
- 2 years experience with your code deployed live and having to support it with customers at arms-length
- Experience with medium-sized React and/or Angular2+ (or equivalent) SPAs in production
- 2 years backend experience in Golang, NodeJS, Java, or equivalent
- Experience building features end-to-end from UI to DB schema (without ORMs like Hibernate)
- Experience building distributed systems and how to build for failure
- Proficiency for implementing responsive designs
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (i.e. Sass, Less)
- Clear verbal and written communication and the ability collaborate effectively in a geographically dispersed working environment
How to stand out::
- Working knowledge on how to secure web applications
- Familiarity with IOT communications methods
- Experience developing integrations with electric utility products, SCADA systems, power-control systems
What You Will Gain:
- Send us examples of projects you’ve built
- Send us samples of your code
- If you don’t have any public code, at least tell us about an interesting project you’ve built you’re proud of
- Knowledge, skills, and professional networking in one of the most exciting and positively impactful technology domains that is an intersection of electrical engineering, machine learning, software development, and data science
- Startup experience and ground floor opportunities for growth in a team that includes PhD Smart Grid Engineers, Data Scientists, recent grads and seasoned business professionals
- Competitive compensation
- High quality of life and career in Canada's National Capital Region
- Working on a team with a serious approach towards our work, rather than ourselves, together with fun and random team events. You will get the opportunity to come up with one!
Diversity makes us stronger. BluWave-ai provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, nation origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Authorization to work in Canada will be required for this position.