The Canada Border Services Agency is accepting applications for the Officer Trainee – Developmental Program.
Looking for a rewarding and professional career? Become a border services officer (BSO)! Take part in in-person training at the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) College and participate in on-the-job development to become a BSO.
What do we offer?
- An opportunity to make a difference in a lifelong fulfilling career
- Competitive pay and training
- Dental benefits
- Health care benefits
- Pension benefits
- Paid vacation leave
- Flexible shiftwork schedules
Training and Salary:
- Officer Induction Training Program which is comprised of five (5) weeks of facilitated distance learning and thirteen (13) weeks of in-residence training at the CBSA College in Rigaud, Quebec.
- While attending in-residence training at the CBSA College, you will be provided with accommodations (private room and individual bathroom, and meals).
- A tax-free allowance of $125 per week will be provided during the entirety of the training program.
- Recruits graduate from the CBSA College at the FB-02 group and level as CBSA officer trainees, receiving a salary of $69,423 to $77,302 (salary currently under review).
- CBSA officer trainees will be placed at a point of entry following graduation, where they will participate in the on-the-job-development phase.
- After a minimum of twelve (12) months of the on-the-job-development phase as a CBSA officer trainee (FB-02), successful officer trainees embark on their careers as BSOs with the CBSA.
- Upon successful completion of the development program at an assigned point of entry, CBSA officer trainees are promoted to BSO positions at the FB-03 group and level and the annual salary will increase to $75,100 to $89,068 (salary currently under review).
Ideal candidates must:
- Be prepared to pass the physical, psychological and medical evaluations.
- Obtain and maintain an enhanced secret security clearance.
- Be willing to accept a posting anywhere in Canada, which may include small, remote and rural points of entry.
- Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted driver’s license that allows the holder to drive a motor vehicle in Canada.
- Be willing to carry and use CBSA-issued defensive equipment including a duty firearm as well as other defensive equipment such as oleoresin capsicum spray and a baton.
- Be willing to complete the online and in person training.
Keeping Canada safe and prosperous
The CBSA facilitates the movement of legitimate travellers and trade and enforces more than 100 acts and regulations that keep our country safe. Over 14,000 public servants from coast to coast support the agency and its mission to safeguard Canada's security and prosperity.
Our diverse team of BSOs work at 1,100 points of service across the country, including land borders, international airports, marine terminals, rail ports, and postal facilities, to enforce laws and regulations that touch nearly every sector of Canadian society.
Start a career with us.
The CBSA values inclusivity and is committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that reflects Canada. We prioritize the hiring of candidates who self-declare as belonging to one or more employment equity group (women, visible minorities, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities) and value their contributions and perspectives. We are an employer of choice for LGBTQ2+ Canadians, recognizing that a diverse workforce better serves all Canadians.
Apply today to the CBSA Officer Trainee – Developmental Program.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $69,423.00-$77,302.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift