Bilingual Disability Coordinator – Absence Management Solutions (Halifax)
Are you looking for a stimulating and dynamic jobin the surrounding area of Halifax? Would you like to be apart of a team that believes in your potential and apart of a great company that will help you advance in your career? This is the job for you! We are currently looking for two Case Coordinators – Absence Management Solutions for one of our clients in the insurance industry.
What is in it for you:
- Our client is in the TOP 100 Employers in Canada
- Salary of $20/h
- 12 months contract
- Day time hours
- Dynamic and professional environment
What you will need to succeed:
- Good understanding of and experience with medical terminology and conditions
- University degree or 2-3 years experience working in a health-care related field
- Strong decision making and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail - particularly with numbers, spelling and grammar
- Ability to direct conversations and target specific issues or lines of questioning
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fact-paced, team environment
- Intermediate PC skills including MS Word, Excel and Lotus Notes
- Previous Group Disability Claims experience an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in French (Bilingual preferred)
A day in the life of a Case Coordinator - AMS:
- Case Triage (50-60%) - All incoming disability cases will be directed to the Case Coordinator to determine level of complexity and assigning cases appropriately based on established criteria.
- Non-Complex Case Management (30-40%) - All disability cases determined to be non-complex, will be managed to resolution by the case coordinator, who must continually evaluate whether the active cases remain non-complex or whether to transition the case to a Case Manager. Focus will be on minimizing administrative delays and on reducing the duration of employee work absences.
- Case Manager Administrative Tasks (10%) - Complete specified administrative tasks on all cases (eg. Faxing, forms preparation, employee follow-ups) Communication (Integrated into above accountabilities) - Effectively communicate with employees and employers to determine all factors that may influence case complexity, including diagnosis, duration of disability and the presence of non-medical barriers.
- Service Delivery (Integrated into above accountabilities) - Ensuring that all service delivery targets for the AMS products are met.
Why Recruit Action?
Recruit Action provides recruitment services through quality supportand a personalized approachto job seekers and businesses. Only qualified candidates who match hiring criteria will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Health related degree (Required)
- French (required) (Required)