Hours 8:30 to 5:00 Monday to Friday with 45 minutes for lunch
- Follow up with clients via phone and email to collect overdue accounts.
- Follow up with cheque paying clients (even if they are not overdue).
- Answer customer calls for payment updates and other accounting questions. (“When is my next payment coming out?”).
- Being in the phone queue to answer client service questions when client services is busy.
- Bank Statement Review
- Sort cheque numbers and confirm cashed cheques are not on the outstanding cheques list.
- Credit Cards – enter/export statements to excel, match receipts, code and enter to accounting system.
- A/P Filing.
- Stuff cheques in envelope with stubs, seal and stamp.
- Scan and email commission reports to sales reps.
- Post work orders in queue – (production invoice, expire, send to collections).
- Post new and renewal client contracts.
- Check inventory of office/kitchen/bathroom supplies and restocking if necessary.
- Other tasks as time and skills permit
Description of the Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate is someone who is excellent on the phone, lives close by, has strong computer skills, and is not going to get bored with routine tasks. You must be able to work quietly and efficiently.
- In addition, you must be well organized, able to follow processes and have good attention to detail. You must operate at 100% accuracy.
Required Skills/Education –Must Have
- You must have excellent computer skills (Excel, Word and Outlook). You must be fast and comfortable on the computer and easily able to pick up new programs. You must have used accounting software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also a must for as you will be regularly communicating with clients via phone and email.
- You must have a basic understanding of accounting.
- Lastly, you need to have access to a car – because of where we are located.
Career Path –Advancement Opportunities
- This is an entry level position in the Accounting Department. We are a growing company and we like to promote from within.
- Base Salary of $40,000 with increases over time as skills and responsibilities increase.
Creative Outdoor accepts applications from all career backgrounds.
While some accounting and client services experience is helpful, only your personal dedication and drive to succeed is required. In addition, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
You can also visit us at www.CreativeOutdoor.com to learn more about our dynamic, growing company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- General Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)